Apple TV 4K connection to Bose Lifestyle 600

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Apple TV 4K connection to Bose Lifestyle 600

Not sure how to explain this. The Apple TV has been working just fine but today when I turned it on with my Bose Lifestyle 600 it opens with a weird menu. It's not full screen and is fuzzy. I've changed cables, reset the console, reset the Apple TV, have unplugged the power to the console. But when I hook the Apple TV to the television it works just fine.

27 REPLIES

Re: Apple TV 4K connection to Bose Lifestyle 600

Hi captgadget,

Thanks for the question, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Do you have other devices connected to the Lifestyle 600 console via HDMI that work correctly?

Has anything regarding your setup changed since the last time you used your Apple TV?  Different TV, software update on the Apple TV, anything like that?

Best,

Brandon

Friendly Fanatic

I have a cable box which works s fine and there has been a Apple TV update. What’s strange is that I can disconnect reconnect it works one time.

Interesting.  I wonder if this is an issue where the Apple TV can't completely communicate with the TV regarding what the TV is capable of.  Could you try going into the video settings of the Apple TV and turning off both "Match Dynamic Range" and "Match Frame Rate"?  Instructions on how to do so are located HERE on Apple's website.

Best,

Brandon

Friendly Fanatic

I just talked to a Bose tech and he told me it is not a Bose problem. He said if I had sound issues though to call them back. What a joke!

Hi captgadget,

I truly apologize about your experience when you called in,

I'm going to DM you about additional details on that. 

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Friendly Fanatic

In addition to an Apple TV update Bose also had one a few days ago.

Friendly Fanatic

I tried to reply to the email that was sent but it was returned to me. Anyway, live in Mission, TX and called 800-379-2073 5:36P CST

Friendly Fanatic

In case anyone is interested my issue has not been resolved with Apple 4K TV.

Hi captgadget,

I'm sorry that this still hasn't been resolved yet.  Can we try this particular sequence as we've seen it help with source specific issues?

• 1. Disconnect the Apple TV from the LS650
  • 2. Power off the LS650
  • 3. Connect the Apple TV to the LS650
  • 4. Power on LS650
  • 5. Use the Setup sequence to Manage/Add a source (Start this sequence by pressing the 'Setup' button at the bottom of the remote.)

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A