Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Apple TV setup

Hi guys,

so I have a bose SoundTouch home theatre system - My question quite simply is, can you connect the Apple TV box (HDMI) to the bose console and stream the picture on the tv? Is the setup straight forward or would I have to configure this?

Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

Nish

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Apple TV setup

Hi Nish_D, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, this all depends on which system you have. I have included a product identifier here, please let us know which system you have so we can assist you further. 

Could you also tell us which Apple TV you have?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Here are the model info for my devices -

Bose - AV 520: console model is 414642

Link - https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/products/bose_home_theater_support/bose_5_speaker_home_theater_...

TV - LG: 42LD490 (2010)

Apple TV: 4th generation (32 gb) - yet to purchase

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey Nish_D,

Thanks for letting us know that!

With the 520 system, you can indeed connect an Apple TV to your console, all you would need to do is connect it to one of the HDMI ports on the back of the console, then selecting the input on your remote. 

I hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Does that Bose support 4K?  If not, you can always plug your Apple TV into one of the TV HDMI inputs.  It will send the sound to your Bose.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi - thanks for the confirming.

So I brought the Apple TV box and managed to set it up all ok.

Only thing was the input source kept switching to back to TV whilst my Apple TV box was switched on. I have now disabled BOSE CEC setting and it works fine.

regards

nish