Av35 problem

SOLVED
Quiet Contributor

Av35 problem

I purchased an av35 receiver to replace an older av28 receiver. I got everything swapped out programmed all the connections and getting no sound at all from the speakers. Reset everything, performed an update and still no sound. I’ve checked all inputs including checking the am/fm tuners. I plugged in a headset and I’m getting sound from the head phone jack so I know the controller works. The speakers were working fine when connected to the old receiver. Could I have a compatibility issue with my speakers or possibly have a blown output on the receiver? 

Any suggestions on what else I can check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Av35 problem

Hi kwlord

Thanks for getting back to me with the info.  Because the AV35 console came out about 10 years after this bass module was developed, this console is going to be incompatible.  The AV35 requires an LSPSIII bass module and a 9 pin to 9 pin audio cable.

Warm Regards,

Tony

3 REPLIES

Hello kwlord

Thanks for posting in the community!

When connecting the 9 pin audio cable from the Acoustimass module, is it connected to the Audio Out connection or the Bose Link connection?  This would need to be connected to audio out, as the Bose Link connection was designed to connect other Bose speakers for an expansion zone to another part of the house.  Also, can you confirm that the cable you are using is a 9 pin cable on both ends or is at an 8 pin to an RJ45 (ethernet) style connection?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I’m connected to audio out however I have the 8pin cable with the rj45 connection. 

Hi kwlord

Thanks for getting back to me with the info.  Because the AV35 console came out about 10 years after this bass module was developed, this console is going to be incompatible.  The AV35 requires an LSPSIII bass module and a 9 pin to 9 pin audio cable.

Warm Regards,

Tony