Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

BOSE 1 SR Cinematic

I have had a BOSE 1SR Cinematic Soundbar and Bass Speaker for about 6 years and its been great but just the last two weeks it started playing up. I think I need to replace the soundbar but could I save the bass speaker and connect it by Bluetooth to say a new BOSE 700 soundbar? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: BOSE 1 SR Cinematic

No.

The Cinemate 1SR automatically pairs to that bass module and they are designed as a pair.  For the SB700 it will only pair with the BM500/700

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for answering this. Thats hugely disappointing especially as the additional bass model will be several hundred pounds. Can the BOSE 1 SR cinematic be repaired? is there a repair centre in the North of England? Thanks 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion! 

@LesT, when you say your system is playing up, what seems to be happening with it? You may be able to get it back up and running without needing to look at getting it repaired. 

If it gets to the point where you do need to look at a repair, it is indeed possible to get the 1SR repaired, by reaching out to your local support team they will be able to help you get this booked in. As you are in England, you can contact them using the information at THIS link.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!