Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

BOSE 500 universal remote and LG OLED55C9AUA

Until last week the remote was working perfectly with the LG TV.  Now most functions work but the remote will not turn the TV on or off.  Using the app I have removed and replaced the TV several times. I have used both the testing method and the Advanced method by entering the TV model number. What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: BOSE 500 universal remote and LG OLED55C9AUA

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting your remote to turn your TV off.

I would recommend an HDMI reset. You can do this by unplugging both the TV and soundbar from power for 30 seconds. Then plug in just the soundbar, when it has completely powered on, select the TV source. Once complete, plug in the TV and test. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Thank you for the recommendation but part of your answer does not seem to make sense.  "Then plug in just the soundbar, when it has completely powered on, select the TV source. Once complete, plug in the TV and test "  How can I select the TV source when the TV is not on and there is nothing being displayed to select?  Do you mean pushing the "Source" key on the remote?  In any case I went through the reset and the remote regained the ability to turn the TV on and off but only for a few hours.  It then failed again.  Also, when the remote was properly linked to the TV the Home key performed the correct action on the TV and now that no longer works.  Has there been a recent software or firmware update from Bose that could be causing these issues?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

After another reset and removing and relinking the TV to the remote using Advanced Setup all control actions are working correctly.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

The control sync was lost again.  Not sure what is causing the instability but I have to remove and replace the TV to remote connection every day.  Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hi gebhardt47,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has returned for you! You definitely should not need to reprogram the remote that frequently!

Is it just the ability to control the power that is lost again, or do you lose all control of the TV?

If it is just the power, when controlling the power on the TV, are you using the main power button or the source power button? Are you able to control the power with either of these buttons?

If the source power button works but the main power button does not, you can set the soundbar to turn on other devices at the same time with the main power button using the Power Sync feature. To set this up, in the Bose Music app, select your soundbar and navigate to the settings, by tapping the image of the soundbar in the bottom right-hand corner. In the settings menu select Power Sync and you can enable this and choose which devices to turn on at the same time from here.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.