Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

BOSE 700 to connect on computer/desktop (windows 10)

Is it possible to connect this bose 700 to desktop? I've try connecting the USB Cable then I update it but nothing happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: BOSE 700 to connect on computer/desktop (windows 10)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Ekoooy, 

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community Forum. 

To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. Use the following link to download the update file for your product: worldwide.bose.com/support/HSFW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back bottom of the product (next to the power cord)
  3. Reboot the product by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  4. Wait for the product to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. Simultaneously touch and hold the Volume - and Volume + buttons on the top of the system for 5 seconds to enter service mode. A 5 second countdown appears on the display to confirm
  6. Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  8. In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  9. Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello Ekoooy, 

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community Forum. 

To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. Use the following link to download the update file for your product: worldwide.bose.com/support/HSFW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back bottom of the product (next to the power cord)
  3. Reboot the product by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  4. Wait for the product to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. Simultaneously touch and hold the Volume - and Volume + buttons on the top of the system for 5 seconds to enter service mode. A 5 second countdown appears on the display to confirm
  6. Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  8. In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  9. Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Hi @Jeff_G 

I followed the steps from the Bose Updater but it said that my Bose 700 is already running on the most up-to-date version. I have a Surface Pro 4, with all drivers also update.

Is there anything else to try?

If not, I'm going for a refund. This headset was so god **bleep** expensive because of the feature of using noise cancellation on calls, so it makes no sense that it does not work on calls. Giving this massive flaw, everyone should go for other headsets, like the Sony one. 

Highlighted

Hello AlexanderH, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues connecting your headphones to your Surface Pro 4. 

Providing the Surface's Bluetooth chip features compatibility for streaming audio via Bluetooth A.K.A Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) along with Headset Profile (HSP) and Hands-Free Profile (HFP) you should have no issues in pairing the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

If you haven't already, please try pairing to another device such as a smartphone to confirm that the streaming function on the headphones works. If it only has issues with the computer, then it may be a compatibility related problem. There are third party Bluetooth USB dongles that feature the aforementioned Bluetooth profiles needed for connection, so this may be a good alternative if you wish to continue using the headphones with your Surface. 

With regards to pairing on the Surface, I would assume you are using Windows 10, is that correct? Instructions for pairing on Windows 10 can be found here (third-party website.) While it should automatically change the audio output when paired, you may need to change the audio routing settings yourself. To do this, right-click on the sound icon on your taskbar, then tap 'Sounds', then 'Playback', then choose the headphones. They will appear as NC700 Headphones or whatever you named them during setup on the Bose Music app. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

I am struggeling to use my BOSE 700 headphones on calls on my computer as well. I just bought them due to the Noise cancellation and they work perfectly fine on my phone. However when pairing them with my Surface Laptop sometimes they work but then they just go blank (no sound, people can't hear me) and I need to switch on my computer from internal speaker back to the Bose ones. Also there is the Headphones Option (Julias Bose Stereo) and Headset Option (Julias Bose Hans Free AG Audio) for listening to music sometimes the Headphones option works and sometimes the Headset Option. I keep switching around until someone can hear me.

I run Windows 10 (all services up to date) and use Teams for calls but also when using Webex, Zoom or Skype the headphones don't work without the drops...

Any solution for this? 

This is really unprofessional and I won't be able to use them for work if this is not solved.

I bought them because you can connect more than one device but with this flaw I'd rather go back to one headset per device...

Thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Hello,

I was facing the same issues as above. The same set of applications and problems with switching. I cannot use this product for work - this was the main goal to use this for calls - not only for music. 

I'm starting to consider a return to the seller....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I also was having a problem with getting my Bose 700 to connect to my Surface Laptop using Windows 10. After much troubleshooting, I discovered that the only time I have a problem is when my headphones are connected to any device other than Surface in addition to my Surface. If I have my headphones only connected to my Surface they work fine, very smooth. I now have had to learn to disconnect my headphones from my phone and then connect them to my Surface. If I follow that process it works fine. I would still much rather be able to have them connected to multiple devices so I don't have to fumble around with pairing and unpairing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

This post specifically says Bose 700 as the title but then the solution talks about a different product. There are no volume buttons on the Bose 700 - just a touch surface. How do I connect Bose 700 to Windows 10? Worked instantly on the macbook and iphone.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

thanks but it didn't work. the folder has a whole sets of files on teh desktop. I connected my niose cancellation via USb and even the voice jack with no effect.

this is a shame that such expensive headphone must gove ppl such basic problem in the world of plug and play.

thanks,

Masood