John K.
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

BOSE 901 Series V compatible receivers using audyssey instead of bose equalizer

Bose product name BOSE 901, Series V

Country USA

Detailed description of the issue

I am a former BOSE engineer that brought my BOSE 901 Series V speakers while working at BOSE.  Receivers available in 2020 do not have the tape monitor function that the 901 equalizer used.

Question - Does Audyssey room equalization properly work with my speakers such that I don't require using the equalizer?

What other solution than separate components ( amplifier, tuner, preamp, 2 channel ...).  THANK YOU - John

Today's 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

2 REPLIES 2
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: BOSE 901 Series V compatible receivers using audyssey instead of bose equalizer

@John K. wrote:

Bose product name BOSE 901, Series V

Country USA

Detailed description of the issue

I am a former BOSE engineer that brought my BOSE 901 Series V speakers while working at BOSE.  Receivers available in 2020 do not have the tape monitor function that the 901 equalizer used.

Question - Does Audyssey room equalization properly work with my speakers such that I don't require using the equalizer?

I highly doubt it. If it did that would most likely be the solution the Bose would tell everyone to do. As it stands, they do not.

@John K. wrote:

What other solution than separate components ( amplifier, tuner, preamp, 2 channel ...).  THANK YOU - John

Today's 

It might be best to go with a pre-amp/powered amp solution as talked about here. Or there is a specific "Deer Creek Audio" receiver talked about in this post.

It is possible that the solutions shown in that last post might be applicable to other receivers, such as using the Zone 2 audio out to the EQ and then connecting the audio back into the receiver.

I hope that this helps in some way. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

John K.
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Re: BOSE 901 Series V compatible receivers using audyssey instead of bose equalizer

Thank you for your quick response. I have two thoughts on the Audyssey - exactly what you said - not a substitution or since the speaker has been discontinued, BOSE doesn't have to go out on the line and recommend competitor's receivers. 

Dear Creek, I saw that product in the past.  Stereo? and not 7.1 etc. ?  Is the Sound delivered clean and of quality ? The zone 2 concept may be plausible.   Thanks