BOSE LIFESTYLE 650 HOME THEATRE SYSTEM

Highlighted
Silent Starter

BOSE LIFESTYLE 650 HOME THEATRE SYSTEM

I HAVE A BOSE LS48 SYSTEM WITH FRONT AND REAR SPEAKERS. I JUST BOUGHT A BOSE LIFESTYLE 650 SYSTEM AND WAS TOLD I COULD JUST REPLACE THE REAR SPEAKERS I HAVE WITH THE NEW 650 SYSTEM SPEAKERS...IS THIS NOT TRUE? I HAVE BEEN READING TOPICS THAT SAY YOU NEED A DONGLE OR SPECIAL ADAPTER...MY HOME IS THREE YEARS OLD AND WAS PRE-WIRED BEFORE FINAL CONSTRUCTION.

3 REPLIES

Re: BOSE LIFESTYLE 650 HOME THEATRE SYSTEM

Hi msmelni,

Thanks for writing in!

I wanted to get a little more clarification on the setup.  Are you trying to still use the LS48 system and just use the wireless rear speakers from the LS650 or are you trying to use the LS48 rear speakers with the new LS650 system?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

I'm not familiar with the Ls48, but I have the LS650 working with pre-wired rear speakers. There is an adapter you have to buy to convert the standard 5.1/7.1/etc spearker wall outlet to Bose compatibility. It looks like this. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-EDJ1tEvD3Ks/p_018SWAK/Bose-In-wall-Speaker-Wire-Adapter-Kit.html You have to call into Bose support (God help you) and beg for it. They'll tell you they don't sell it two or three times, but keep insisting, they have it. Eventually you'll get to second or third level support and they'll send it to you. The adapter essentially remaps the cabling from inside your wall to the back of that outlet. Then the convoluted plug fits the custom cable that has RCA-looking ends that plug into the back of the LS650.  My front speakers aren't wired through the wall so I don't plugin all of the cables from the custom cable and have the front 3 speakers connected directly.

Just calling out the obvious, once you've got all the parts sitting in front of you. It's totally possible to not use the wall-adapter and simply use the wireless power units wired directly into the non-Bose-adapted wall unit speaker inputs. It's a bit of wiring to hide, but that's what I did while I was trying to figure out how to get the adapter (because few people on the support line know the adapter exists).

Audible Advocate