Highlighted
MrLogical
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

BOSE SB700

I have been an avid user of Bose systems for over 20 years.  This is the first time to be so frustrated with the product I may never purchase another Bose system.  I've called global technical support, the Bose factory outlet as well as immense Google searches trying to fix the issues. 

Problem.  Bose base module and surround sound speakers will not connect.  The Bose system is being used via the new LG OLED TV C9PUA series.  I have attempted every setting in the TV settings as well as the Bose Music application.  It is a hit or miss if the speakers connect.  I've changed my wifi setting, optical, HDMI Arc settings with no success.  If anyone has recommendations or has been successful setting up the system please confer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: BOSE SB700

Author Accepted Answer selected by MrLogical

That's great.  Please mark my post as a solution.

12 REPLIES 12
Wildog5385
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I also have an OLED Tv, keep the ARC connection. Make sure everything is connected to the same Wi-Fi when using the app. Make sure your soundbar is connected before you move on, use app. Before you start, unplug the bass and surround speakers for at least a minute or so. Plug them back in, then on soundbar make sure it's in search mode, press and hold blue tooth symbol and play/pause buttons for 6 seconds, it will go into search mode. Use the app when connected, it will show in circle, hit it then you'll have options, use settings option, add accessory speakers, you'll hear them come on. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a couple of tries. I've had to force stop the app and try again. Once they've been picked up you'll be able to use audio option for volume levels on speakers, good luck

Hello MrLogical,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with settings up your Surround Speakers and Bass Module with your system. 

To connect the Surround Speakers and Bass Module, have you followed these steps? Connecting Surround Speakers / Connecting Bass Module

I'd like to thank @Wildog5385 for the helpful input to this thread! This is great advice.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

The title of this thread is Bose SB700, not Bose SB500.

MrLogical
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Charlotte, 

I have the new Bose 700 soundbar with the base module and surround sound 700 speakers.  I appreciate Wildog5385 suggestions, but unfortunately, I tried these solutions yesterday without success.  I did get the surround sound 700 speakers to connect briefly then they stopped working.  I am wondering if it is a wifi issue? I do have Cox highspeed internet at 5Mhz so I dropped to 2.5Mhz with no luck.  I reset everything again, nope, nothing. 

Thanks. 

Kelly

MrLogical
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Charlotte, 

I've downloaded every tech. support documents that I could find as well as from Bose Global support documents.  Nothing has worked.  I am going from MrLogical to MrUnhappy! Unfortunately, I can't return the speakers since I disposed of the packing boxes. My bad, for sure. I will say, for the brief 5 seconds that the surround sound speakers connected, it sounded phenomenal. 

Thanks. 

Hey Kelly, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues securing a connection between your Soundbar and your Surround Speakers/Bass Module.

Do you have anything situated in the room that may be causing interference? Things like WiFi routers tend to operate on the same 2.4Ghz frequency which can lead to problems with the connection. If you do have a router in the room, I would recommend attempting to relocate it to see if this improves things. Further to this, when performing setup, I would recommend moving the bass module and the surround speakers much closer to the soundbar initially, then relocate to their desired positions once pairing has been successfully achieved. 

I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

MrLogical
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Jeff G, 

Thanks for the information.  No routers close to Sound Bar/Surround Sound.  I have one in a separate room and I moved even further away, just to see if it would improve.  I made sure there were no interference devices, but sill not functional.  Also, the speakers and bass modules are only 4 feet aware from the soundbar, again.  No luck.  I have tried everything, read all the Bose technical documents.  At this point, I am searching for a local Bose installation expert.  Geek squad came out and had were stumped.  They left and told me they would refund my money. 

MrLogical....

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

There is a small probability your devices (s) are defective.  I would swap the whole setup for a new one and try again.  

MrLogical
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Thanks for the FYI.  I am working to get the entire setup swapped out.  Let you all know how it goes.  After speaking with Bose Global Tech. support, this seems to be the next logical step.  

Thanks.