Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

BOSE SOLO 5 just stopped working

Hello

My BOSE SOLO 5 soundbar has just stopped working.  Was working yesterday,  now it won't turn on.

There are no lights on the unit at all.  I have replaced the batteries in the remote.  I have checked the socket the power cable is connected to and it is fine.

I have tried unplugging the power and leaving it for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in but still nothing.  However it makes that kind of 'Blurp' noise it always did when I used to switch it on which makes me think the unit cannot be dead completely?

I have tried just about everything I can having googled this to reset the unit but nothing works.  I have had it less than 2 years so this is really not good enough from a  company like BOSE.

I would be grateful if someone could provide any help on this?

Thanks in advance.

mars3008

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: BOSE SOLO 5 just stopped working

Hi @mars3008,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered issues with your Solo 5 TV system - this shouldn't be happening and I'd be happy to assist you.

I would have recommended checking the remote and the power socket used with the system - but you've already taken initiative and tried that. When you power on the system and it makes a noise, although you're not able to see any lights on the front of the system, could you try pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote and then checking the Bluetooth device list on your mobile, to see if it shows up? This may let us know if the system is functioning at all.

However, if you find it still does not show any sign of operating, I'd advise getting in touch with the customer service team for your region. They'll be more than happy to help with your problem and advise you on what can be done and what options you can take. 

To find contact information for your region, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please update me on how things go for you!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Re: BOSE SOLO 5 just stopped working

Hi Sam F

Thanks for replying.

I have tried pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote but nothing shows up on my phones or laptops Bluetooth device list.

I guess I have no choice but to ring the customer services team.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Solo 5 suddenly died

Hi, My Solo 5 soundbar, which is less than 2 years old suddenly stopped working. It was fine one evening, and would not turn on the following afternoon. We unplugged everything and tried other outlets but everything else on that circuit works. Is this a known issue? It's of course just out of warranty...

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Re: Solo 5 suddenly died

Same thing happened to me recently, barely 2 years old, have tried all the troubleshooting mentioned and still dead.