Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

BOSE Solo 15 series II

Hello,

i have BOSE Solo 15 Series II sound System and my bluetooth connectivity drops every minute and half. Bose Support has send me Firmware via USB and it has firmware revision 3.0.4.286. i had updated the firmware and issue still continues. I have contact Bose Support and they want me to send the Sound System for repair and charging me $99.00 + Taxes. 

i have worked with support personnel to clear pairing on the Solo Sound System, cleared or removed bluetooth device from ipad. Re-paired the device and it still drops all i see on Solo Sound system white light (bluetooth) is still blinking

I really need help i noticed on Bose Updater location there is new firmware 3.12 and i am not sure if and how i can download that to try or you guys have any other suggestions.

I dont want to pay $100 dollars and from reading on internet it seems this is a known issue with this particular model

Thanks

I need some help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: BOSE Solo 15 series II

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello bmehta26,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Solo 15 system, I would be more than happy to help you get the new update downloaded onto your system as this may resolve your issue. 

To update the Solo TV speaker, a USB drive and internet access is needed.

1. Turn on your system
  2. Insert a blank USB drive into the Service jack on the back of your system. The system light will turn amber and blink, then turn off after several seconds.
    (Note: If the light does not change when the USB drive is inserted, disconnect and reconnect the drive.)
  3. When the system light turns off, disconnect the USB drive
  4. Connect the USB drive to a computer that has internet access
  5. Navigate to the product page on www.bose.com/support
  6. In the help articles section, view the "Solo TV Sound System Download" article
  7. Depending on the computer you are using, click the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button for Windows or Mac to save the update file to your USB drive
  8. Once save, disconnect the USB drive from you computer and reconnect it to the SERVICE port on your system. The system light glows and blinks amber during the update and turns off when complete.
  9. When the system light turns off, disconnect the USB drive from your system.

Test your system again after you have updated, if the issue still continues then the next step would be to get the system repaired. However, I understand that this is not something you would ideally like to do, so perhaps other community members might have some suggestions for you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hello bmehta26,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Solo 15 system, I would be more than happy to help you get the new update downloaded onto your system as this may resolve your issue. 

To update the Solo TV speaker, a USB drive and internet access is needed.

1. Turn on your system
  2. Insert a blank USB drive into the Service jack on the back of your system. The system light will turn amber and blink, then turn off after several seconds.
    (Note: If the light does not change when the USB drive is inserted, disconnect and reconnect the drive.)
  3. When the system light turns off, disconnect the USB drive
  4. Connect the USB drive to a computer that has internet access
  5. Navigate to the product page on www.bose.com/support
  6. In the help articles section, view the "Solo TV Sound System Download" article
  7. Depending on the computer you are using, click the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button for Windows or Mac to save the update file to your USB drive
  8. Once save, disconnect the USB drive from you computer and reconnect it to the SERVICE port on your system. The system light glows and blinks amber during the update and turns off when complete.
  9. When the system light turns off, disconnect the USB drive from your system.

Test your system again after you have updated, if the issue still continues then the next step would be to get the system repaired. However, I understand that this is not something you would ideally like to do, so perhaps other community members might have some suggestions for you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I purchased my Solo 15 Series II in February of 2016.  Are there any software updates since that time that I could benefit from?  Thank you. 

Highlighted

Hello 3Twrs, 

If you have no issues with your system, then there is no real need to update the firmware. 

An update was issued in June 2016 which featured the following fixes: 

• Fixes volume sync issues, including issues with iOS 6
  • Volume is inherited from previous device when switching between Bluetooth® and TV source
  • Fixed volume level issues
  • Fixed Bluetooth LED status issues
  • Fixed inability to enter Bluetooth mode after connection lost and 5 minutes time out reached

Thanks

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.