Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Back speakers in Lifestyle 650 work only wirelessly or can be wired to the center console ?

Back speakers in Lifestyle 650 work only wirelessly or can be wired to the center console ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Back speakers in Lifestyle 650 work only wirelessly or can be wired to the center console ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Curiouse

Hi Curiouse,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the question.

You can indeed use a wired connection to your rear speakers with the Lifestyle 650 if you would like. As the system is designed to have the rear speakers wireless, the adapters you would require to do this won't be included, but you can get a hold of them from your local support team.

If you are going through the first time setup, when it comes time to set up the rear speakers, you will see a screen asking you to begin setting up the rear speakers. You will want to press the Teletext button (below the blue button) to switch between wireless and wired setup, (this screen will prompt you to do this).

If you already have the system set up, you want to press the setup button on your remote to open the Unify menu. Then navigate to speaker management > setup rear and bass speakers. This will bring you to the same page where you will want to press the Teletext button to switch between wireless and wired setup.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Back speakers in Lifestyle 650 work only wirelessly or can be wired to the center console ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Curiouse

Hi Curiouse,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the question.

You can indeed use a wired connection to your rear speakers with the Lifestyle 650 if you would like. As the system is designed to have the rear speakers wireless, the adapters you would require to do this won't be included, but you can get a hold of them from your local support team.

If you are going through the first time setup, when it comes time to set up the rear speakers, you will see a screen asking you to begin setting up the rear speakers. You will want to press the Teletext button (below the blue button) to switch between wireless and wired setup, (this screen will prompt you to do this).

If you already have the system set up, you want to press the setup button on your remote to open the Unify menu. Then navigate to speaker management > setup rear and bass speakers. This will bring you to the same page where you will want to press the Teletext button to switch between wireless and wired setup.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Hello, Keith_L,

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Could you please let me know what adapter I should buy to connect those preinstalled wires to the center console. Together with the Lifestyle 650 I have purchased a BOSE Speaker Wire Adapter Kit. 
Can I use that one to connect wires from the speakers to the center console? 
Please see below the picture of the Kit.
Thank you very much for your time.
Curiouse_0-1583340700078.jpeg

Highlighted

Hi Curiouse,

I'm glad that helped!

If you wanted to use an in-wall wiring kit, the one you have is for our older Lifestyle and Acoustimass systems. The one you would want is OmniJewel and Jewel cube in-wall wiring kit. This is designed specifically for your Lifestyle system and does include everything you would need to connect the Lifestyle 650 to your preinstalled wires.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

Repost since truth being suppressed from long time Bose customer is not appreciated.

I currently own the LS650. So let me share with you my experience so that you may decide.

The LS650 is not a new product. Would anticipate the "newer" model to be out within a year or sooner. Leaves you the benefit of waiting for that model or pick-up the LS650 on a sale price when that one is introduced.

Bass modules. You can have 2 bass modules. Both can be wireless and even think you can do 1 wired, 1 wireless.

The next point I want to share and this is something you REALLY need to consider before you purchase.

There are sooooo many issues with the LS650 and honestly SoundTouch speakers in general. Encourage you to look and research into the SoundTouch forums and the Home Theater forums here and read for yourself so that you know I am being honest and not simply hating on Bose.

Here are the MAJOR issues I have experienced. If you have a Samsung TV, I would not bother purchasing as Bose an Samsung TVs have a major history of not working well together (the forums do show this is not just my troubles). I had the ST300 soundbar. The power issues are horrendous. The HDMI CEC problems are a joke. Most aggravating is that if just want to turn soundbar off and have the TV speakers on due to it being late at night. Forget it! Once you turn off the speakers it turns the TV off as well. Then when you try to turn the TV back on, at times it will turn the speakers back on again. Just a unending cycle of annoyance. The frustration with this is beyond madness.

So then my ST300 just broke within the first year. So I took it back to the Bose store and made a decision. I do have fair amount of disposable income so that was not the issue, and decided to go in that direction and just return the ST300 and upgrade to the LS650.

Upgrade? Pffft. What "upgrade?"

Yes, I was sadly mistaken. All the HDMI issues were present as well. The support I had from the people on this website was pleasant and trying to be helpful. But there were no solutions with all the times voiced my concern here. Then a rude mod sent me a private message (I have a screenshot and be more than happy to share so Bose may not call me a liar) and, it basically said, you not like the product, so send it back and get a refund. What? Are you for real? You are saying this to a customer that has a history of purchases that include, the LS650, ST20, the outdoor Free Space 51, outdoor ST251, SA-5 amp, 2 pairs of earbuds, and purchased a ST 300 for my parents, just to name a few items from Bose I purchased. So about $7,000 in Bose products and a mod here pretty much rudely suggests I shut my mouth and return it. The mod offered no further solutions or even trying to work with me in finding a solution.

So instead I called Bose firsthand, the menu system asked what product was calling about. Since it was the LS650 they send you to a special phone rep (believe he was in Boston, MA) most likely due to you purchasing a high ticket item, which the rude mod here would have seen and maybe even the $7,000 I have with Bose. But hey, some people are just ignorant.

Anyway, the phone rep was pleasant and tried other steps such as trying to pair the remote with different manufactures in trying to trick the "power issues" to nullify itself -- the LS650 remote has separate power options on which that alone helped to steer my decision in trying LS650 over the ST300 -- a power button on remote for speakers, and once just for the TV.

Thought that would solve at least one of my complaints. I was wrong.

So there is my personal experience with Bose and the LS650. If you have any other concerns or questions please feel free to ask. Hopefully I will see them and may be able to answer them. But that is also under the impression my post here is not edited or deleted.

Yea, Bose has been doing that over the years here as well.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Hello, Keith.

I followed your suggestion and bought OmniJewel in-wall wiring kit.

It comes with "Channel decal". 

IMG_6206.JPG

 I have figured out that C-, C+, L+, L-, R+, R-  are contacts for front center speaker.

Could you, please let me know where front  and rear (lefts and rights ones) speaker's wires go to. 

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi there @Curiouse

Thank you for coming back to us!

I've had a look into this for you and it looks like some of the decals may have had a misprint. What it should say is L +, L-, R+, R- are below the C- connection not above LS+. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

The thing is I have no idea for the wire from what speaker those letters stand for.  Where the the wires from each speakers go to.  What speakers those letters do represent? Please help me to connect wires from each speaker of my LS650 to the right contact on the wall plate.

Thank you.

No problem at all! 

All letters on the left-hand side refer to the center channel. This is your bar in the center. 

The 'L' and 'R' is your front left and right speakers. Each of these has a negative and positive. 

Then the 'LS' and 'RS' are your left and right surround and will be your rear right and left channel. These also have negative and positive. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

are you open for phone support and to order wire and connection for wireless rear speakers lifestyle600