Bad rattling with Bass Module 700

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bad rattling with Bass Module 700

I get a bad rattling sound from my sub whenever any amount of low frequency sounds happen. This happens with every movie, theme songs of tv shows, etc. I can’t find a way to reach out to customer support about this issue. Anyone else have a similar experience or have recommendations?

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Bad rattling with Bass Module 700

Hello @DanielD and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your Bass Module, and the issues that you've had getting in touch.

If you would like to reach out to support directly, please click HERE, select your country/region and then navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Otherwise, I'm more than happy to assist!

My first suggestion would be to confirm if you are still hearing this rattling audio when you place this bass module on a different surface, as the vibrations against an uneven, hard surface can cause the rattling that you hear.

Following this, I would also suggest that you check that all the cables are seated securely, and that any loose items on the surface(s) that you are using are removed to confirm this is not anything else loose.

I would also advise that you try lowering the bass level of the module. If you're using this with a Soundbar 500 or Soundbar 700, this is done from within the Bose Music app. If this is being used with a SoundTouch 300, then this can be altered using the "Bass" button in the lower left hand corner of the remote control.

If you have tried all of the above and are still hearing the rattling, I would advise unplugging the system, picking this up and gently shaking this to see if the rattling is still heard. If so, then this may indicate that there is something damaged and loose inside the system, in which case I would advise getting in touch with support as of above.

I hope this helps resolve the issue, and please let me know if you have any questions or updates regarding this!

Liam W - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

That support link doesn’t help because it requires that I enter an item SN, and for some reason it’s unable to find the SN for the Bass Module 700. I’d love an email address where I can contact customer support.

I’ve tried different locations around the room and I always hear the rattle. It sounds internal to the sub and occurs even at low volumes. Nothing sounds loose if I pick up the sub and shake it. This rattling sound almost sounds like when the speaker cone vibrates it’s bumping into something? There’s nothing touching the bottom of the sub though (there’s normal clearance between the underside and the ground)

Hi again @DanielD !

While there is no email address here that I can provide, I can advise further here.

For most countries/regions, when using the link above and getting to the "Contact Us" section, you can use the "Message Us" or "Email Us" page to use service chat or email the correct team in your region.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with the support team in your region over the phone, who will be able to assist with this.

If you're unable to get in touch with your local support, please let me know what country/region you're based in so I can provide you with the most accurate information.

I hope this helps!

Liam W

Quiet Contributor

I'm in the United States. The contact page doesn't list any email option that I see, and the chat option is always greyed out. I don't have the time to sit on the phone waiting to get help, I'm just looking for an email address so that i can get help with a defective product.

Hi DanielD, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Alternatively you can reach out to us on both Twitter or Facebook. The team will be on hand ready to help! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B   

Quiet Contributor

Thanks, I'll reach out on Facebook as well.

i tested further and the issue only happens when the sub is wireless. Even when 2 inches away from the soundbar I hear a rattle/crackle/distortion, even with quiet bass. When I plug the sub in with a wired 3.5mm connection to the sound bar, the problem goes away.

Sounds like I may have faulty electronics somewhere in the sub? I don't have any issues with my wireless surround speakers on the same system.

Noisy Narrator

It might be some sort of interference on that wireless frequency.

Quiet Contributor

Hi I have spent nearly £3000 on Bose sound bar 700 

surround soeakers700

and 2 bass module 700

i am absolute gutted !!!!! Both bass module boxes rattle ! I spent this kind of money on the brand Bose ! And it’s shame and big disappointment 

how ow do I get this problem resolved 

my entire system is brand new ! 

Quiet Contributor

I mainly play music music Bluetooth and watch movies on tele 

I have read people

talkkng about WiFi interferences but why is it rattling when I am using Bluetooth. 

I need this problem resolved as soon as. 

I have a lg sound bar with sub woofer and I crank it up and it never has rattled