Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Base module 700 flutters below 50Hz

Bose product name: Bose bass module 700

Firmware Version: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

App Version: 4.2.4

Hi Folks,

I have been using bose bass module 700 for the last 4 months and have replaced 3 of them so far, I came across the wifi interference initially and later fixed it by using a 3.5mm aux cable. Very often, while watching movies I see that the base module flutters at low frequencies and this is insanely annoying at times.

To check this out, I played test tones from 120Hz all the way down to 30Hz. Right from 120Hz until 50Hz the output is smooth as expected, at 50Hz and below the base driver flutters. As per my limited knowledge, I assume this is something to do with DSP filter settings before the low-frequency signal is sent to the Bass module. 

The development team should be able to reproduce this just by playing test tones of 30Hz, 40Hz, and 50Hz. I hope this is not a hardware issue. Request you to provide a solution at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Karthik

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_W

Re: Basee module 700 flutters below 50Hz

Hello Karthiktv90, 

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you have faced an issue with a few bass modules. This does seem strange. I would love to explore this 'Flutter' more with you. Could you please explain what you mean when you say 'Flutter'? Does the sound cut out or sound distorted? A video would be awesome? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
karthiktv90
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Re: Bass module 700 flutters below 50Hz

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your response. Please find the link to the video. Not sure if video is clear but you will get an idea listening to the audio. Hope this video will help you understand the ‘Flutter’ issue I am talking about 😀.

https://youtu.be/pFaOcGzlCf4

Best,

Karthik

Bass module 700 fluttering
Vicky_W

@karthiktv90, Thanks for sending that over. Could I please ask source are you using with the TV for example. I note you mentioned you played test tones, can I confirm where you are finding those? Is it from YouTube or somewhere else, do you have a link? Also, what sources do you watch movies from - is this a built-in source in the TV? Do you use any equalisers or anything with any of the apps/sources? I would like to get a full picture of the set up. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
karthiktv90
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Hi @Vicky_W ,

The test tones were played from YouTube. But the main source I watch movies from is Prime, Netflix, and Youtube. All directly played from TV not streamed from a mobile device. HDMI arc is used to connect TV and soundbar. 
I see the issue sometimes on YouTube and sometimes in prime. 
The TV equalizer is set to flat. Bass module volume level is at 50%.

The highest volume on soundbar I set is 50 not more than that. 

Thanks,

Karthik

Vicky_W

@karthiktv90, thanks for confirming that. I would love to explore this more, can I please ask for a link to the video you are watching on YouTube?