Mishlab
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Bass module 500

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bass module 500

Australia 

I have just purchased a Soundbar 500 & Bass Module 500. I would like to find out what the ‘Acoustimass’ socket on the Bass module is for. Than you.

Mishlab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bass module 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mishlab

According to the pictures on the website, the BM500 has 2 sockets, the figure 8 power cable and the "Bass in" socket.  I assume that some of the Bass in may have been labelled as Accoustimass (That's what Bose used to call their Bass modules) and that you may have one of the earlier produced Bass modules.

Really it's just so you can use a 3.5mm cable if you don't want to connect the bass to the Soundbar wirelessly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bass module 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mishlab

According to the pictures on the website, the BM500 has 2 sockets, the figure 8 power cable and the "Bass in" socket.  I assume that some of the Bass in may have been labelled as Accoustimass (That's what Bose used to call their Bass modules) and that you may have one of the earlier produced Bass modules.

Really it's just so you can use a 3.5mm cable if you don't want to connect the bass to the Soundbar wirelessly.

View solution in original post