Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Big Upgrade

I have inherited a 15yr old Media Centre with 10-cube speaker system in a home I have just moved into. The system came with an analogue TV, which i have since replaced with Samsung digital. In am looking for a way to have my TV talk to the media centre. Touch Sound adaptor has been suggested. Thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Big Upgrade

I assume your TV has an optical out that you could use, but the Bose may not have optical in.  You can get an adapter on Amazon for optical to RCA left and right that your Bose probably has.

If your Bose console has a DVD player, you can try to find an adapter for that to send HDMI to your TV.  Rather than fool with that, I would purchase a new 4K DVD player to plug into your TV HDMI if you want to play DVD's.  Your TV will send sound to the Bose using the optical out of the TV.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Welcome to the Bose forum.  Your system may be a little dated, consider an upgrade to the All new Lifestyle 650, which has 6 HDMI inputs to allow you to have absolute control over all your devices.  

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B00KNNSKV0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild... 

For $13.59 I think I would go with this versus $4,000 for a new Bose.