Highlighted
Mag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Blending Lifestyle 535 and Accustimass 10

Had another thought on upgrading my 535 system. Would anyone recommend or advise against the following?Purchasing just the Accustimass 10 sub/module (if possible) and a quality receiver/amp, removing the Bose 535 receiver and Accustimass sub, and keeping all of the direct reflecting speakers from the 535 in place? Just trying to build a better system from what I have now and have had in the past.

12 REPLIES 12
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Blending Lifestyle 535 and Accustimass 10

You could probably do that if you could also find all the correct cables.  You would probably have to splice all the speaker cables to get the correct connectors on both ends.  Rather than do that, I would sell your Bose 535 on eBay and purchase a complete Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker system.

Mag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Jimgfitz,

Thank you for the response here. I have all speaker wires concealed with my 535 system. I also have the speaker wire adapter kit installed that is the same for the Accustimass 10 system. Certainly Ebay is another route as well. Just need to choose a suitable receiver/amp preferably with Dolby Atmos.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

First find what features you are looking for besides Atmos, pick 3 you like and compare the features vs. the price. Receivers technology does not change much over time, the amplifiers inside them are all very similar and unless you want to spend $5k on a receiver, the difference in sound quality will be small, assuming you stick with solid brands, Yamaha, Sony, Denon etc.  

Short story, my uncle worked for Sony in there heyday and I was able to purchase an ES receiver for about half the price.  Used a 7.1 Paradigm in wall speaker system with a Paradigm 12" sub that moved the house.   Everything sounded excellent, the one issue I had was that the receiver was so complicated to use (even with the manual) that I really didn't get a lot out of it and was always frustrated when hooking up new equipment.  Point is, find a receiver that is intuitive and easy to use, you will be happier.

Good luck

Mag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Brycepatrick,

Thank you for your feedback here. I've have my current Lifestyle 535 and from 2008 till 2016 I had a 48 series IV. Neither have been as good as my old Accustimass 15 and Pioneer receiver.  I'm going to check out some Denon's in the $800 to $1000 range. I agree on finding a few main features that matter to me and focusing on that. I'm assuming that a Denon receiver in this price range will have enough power to drive the Accustimass 10 adequately?

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

you're welcome.  funny I had the LS 48 as well and still have the Accustimass 15 with an old Sony receiver.  fyi, have read a lot of excellent reviews about the Denon receivers, they are built like a tank.

Yes, any of the Denon receivers will be plenty of enough power for Accustimass 10.  Doubt you will ever turn the volume up more then half way with a receiver like that.  Check out the Denon AVR-X3600H (2019) or Denon AVR-X2600H (2019), they fall in your range and hey both have Airplay 2.  

Mag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Brycepatrick,

Thank you for the suggestions on Denon receivers. I'm going to look into this.

I'd like to buy a new Accustimass 10 module by its self from Bose and keep my 535 speakers in place (since they are the same as the Accustimass 10). I just don't know if they will do that? My plan is to sell my 535 reciever and Accustimass sub from the 535 on Ebay.

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

A complete system will be worth a lot more on eBay than a partial system.  Just sell the whole thing and purchase a Bose Acoustimass 10.  The difference in money is not worth the hassle.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I agree with Jim.  These systems are meant to work together, and by splitting them up, you lose value and perhaps performance,.

Mag
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Bryce, Jim,

Definitely can't disagree with your opinions here. It does make sense to sell the 535 in a complete package. Thanks for the advice here.