Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Bluetooth for Lifestyle 18

My Lifestyle 18 no longer works with my new TV but I want to keep the speakers (5 double cube, one base, two in ceiling of a 2nd room) and connect them to a CD/DVD player. What products do I need to do this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Re: Bluetooth for Lifestyle 18

When you say "doesn't work" do you mean with your new television or is the Bose receiver not working at all?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

The Bose receiver is not working with the new TV. I've since learned it is because the Lifestyle 18 is analog and the TV (Samsung) is digital. I've purchased a wireless link adaptor and received it yesterday but cannot get the connections correct to have it and the speakers work. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

I was able to get the SoundTouch Wireless Link to work with the Lifestyle 18 and now can access my Amazon Music via Bluetooth to play on all 7 speakers! 

NOW -- I want to connect my Samsung TV (digital) sound through the Lifestyle 18 (analog) speakers. I've talked with Samsung but still have questions. Does BOSE have a cord for this? After connecting to the TV via HDMI do I plug into the receiver on TV or audio -- if audio I already have the STWL plugged in there so what to do?