otto9B9otto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Bluetooth music streaming from Soundtouch10

Is there any way to verify that music is streamed from the Soundtouch10 via bluetooth? I ask this because I have been unable to send the Soundtouch music to my old stereo amplifier, despite using a bluetooth adapter. I am able to "pair" the Soundtouch10 bluetooth signal to the adapter. But then no signal appears on the adapter output which is plugged into the amplifier input. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth music streaming from Soundtouch10

Hello otto9B9otto,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble connecting your SoundTouch 10 to your Bluetooth adapter. It sounds like you are trying to use the SoundTouch 10 as a Bluetooth transmitter, as opposed to a receiver. This is not something that is possible as the SoundTouch is only a Bluetooth receiver. To make a Bluetooth connection between two devices, you need a receiver and a transmitter. 

I hope this clears things up for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
otto9B9otto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I appreciate your quick response, Charlotte. So, how do I go about connecting the Sountouch10 to my amplifier?

Highlighted

Hi Otto9Botto, 

Thanks for coming back to us! 

So I can give you the most accurate information, could you tell me how you intend to use the system? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
otto9B9otto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Hi Jessie,

What I was trying to do was use the Soundtouch10 as a music streaming source, inputting to my stereo amplifier. Reading the manual more carefully, I realize now that such is not possible. Both the audio jack and the bluetooth function is input only, not output.

Highlighted

Hi Otto9B9otto, 

Thank you for confirming this!

You are correct, the SoundTouch 10 system isn't able to send audio just receive it in this way. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O