Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Bose 135 Power supply

Yesterday we had a power outage - electricity off due to a blown transformer up the road.

Now my 135 Lifestyle will not power up. I have plugged it in to other AC outlets but still no good. I think it could be my power cord - transformer - 240V - 12 Volt. 

Would it be more like that than the console? Strangely enough it was also plugged into power board - everything else connected to it works.

I have located a second hand power supply on e-bay - should I buy it and try?

Thanks

Situated Brisbane Aus

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 135 Power supply

Hey Jammo1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing no power following your power outage. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Based on the information you have provided, I would recommend a new power cord. However, I would not recommend purchasing from eBay as this may not be the right part. If you get in contact with your local team, they can ensure you are getting the right part. The contact details for the team in Australia can be found HERE. 

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

How long are these supposed to last - this one was 8 years?

Bose says they don't make them any more probably because of old system - everything on Ebay is second hand - where can I get a new one?

Thanks

Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Hi

I did buy a second hand power supply and that was the problem all right.

** I aslo ordered a brand new one but the output rating is 35 Watts rather than 20 Watts as the original - it says its a direct replacement - should I use it?

See the table says 35 Watts but they say below

Model # 100PS-024 (Replace 96PS-070 Part # 316263-002) 

• Input 100-120V / 200-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 0.5A
  • Output 12V 20V Max
  • Part # 325015-0040

Compatible products:

• Lifestyle T10 T20 V25 & V35 Systems

INCLUDES POWER SUPPLY & AC CORD

Jammo1_0-1619218180621.jpeg