i want to ask if I can connect the Bose 251 out door speekers

i don’t have a receiver / amplifier 

thanks gil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by Community ManagerAndy_B

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 251

Hello!

Sorry for the confusion. You can certainly stream the same audio across the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar system and the 251s as long as you have the SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier. If you are wishing the listen to your TV audio on these additional speakers, please be aware that a slightly audio/video will be present due to processing. You can find more information on that here >> Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast

Get back to us with any additional questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community!

The SoundTouch 300 and bass module are not compatible with the 251 outdoor speakers. We would instead suggest that you look at our Surround Speakers or the Surround Speakers 700 for this Soundbar.

If you would still like to use the 251 outdoor speakers, you could use our SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier, and the grouping mode on our SoundTouch app to play Wi-Fi or Bluetooth audio across all your speakers, and while you can rebroadcast TV audio to the 251 speakers you cannot use these as rear speakers in a surround setup.

Please let me know if you have any questions with the above! Likewise, if you decide to setup an SA-5 Amplifier with your 251 speakers, I would be happy to guide you through this 😊.

Liam W - Community Support

Noisy Narrator

Getting the Surround speakers will not help as they only broadcast the rear surround left and right channels from a 5.1 signal.

Audible Advocate

Hi I don’t understand 

will I be able to Hear on the Same Time the st300 and the outdoor 251?

will there be a sound pforblem ?

Hello!

Sorry for the confusion. You can certainly stream the same audio across the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar system and the 251s as long as you have the SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier. If you are wishing the listen to your TV audio on these additional speakers, please be aware that a slightly audio/video will be present due to processing. You can find more information on that here >> Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast

Get back to us with any additional questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Audible Advocate

So if I sreem music from Bose app to the sound bar 300 I can here it also on the Bose 251 with no delay ?

Hello Dan goor,

That is correct. Streaming music from the services within the SoundTouch app will play consistently across the grouped speakers. For example, Spotify, TuneIn etc. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Audible Advocate

I’ll ask again -) streaming’s music from Bose app I can hear simultaneously on the st300 and the 251 at the same time  with no delay ??

Noisy Narrator

Yes.

Audible Advocate

Non Bose receiver

Hi

if I have for example a Yamaha blue tooth receiver 

can I connect it with wire to sound touch 300 and to the Bose 251 and control it with Bose app 

will it work?

instate of using the Bose as5 amplifier

thanks

gil