Bose 3-2-1 GSX Left Speaker Not Working

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose 3-2-1 GSX Left Speaker Not Working

Bose 321 speaker not working. I tried the reset several times to no avail. Both speakers work using the radio input though. Any ideas for a fix?????

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose 3-2-1 GSX Left Speaker Not Working

Hello jpmccr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having intermittent issues with your 3-2-1 GSX System. 

Could you please confirm which devices you have connected to your media center?

Is it just a specific source that isn't working, or any source that is not built-in?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Silent Starter

The only thing we have is the FM antennae that came with the unit and our cable box. It was working fine a couple weeks ago (we have been out of town). Nothing has changed. No additional items added, no new equipment. When we left (end of July all was fine). We realized today that only one speaker is working. As you look at it, it would be on the right side (left side for the unit facing out towards you).

S/N: ***edited by moderator***
Number off the Acoustimas (sp?)

Radio, it works fine; just with the tv (cable box)...

I’ll try the dvd portion later and let you know...

jp

Hi JP, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

If you could let us know how it goes that would be very helpful. 

Are you getting a picture? Are your source devices connected directly to the system? 

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Silent Starter

Update: I played a dvd and both speakers work fine. So the radio and dvd/cd aren’t affected. The cable on the other hand has sound from one speaker only. I put my ear down close and I did hear some background “hiss”. 

Please advise...

jp

Hi there @jpmccr and thank you for clarifying!

As this is only affecting your cable box, my first suggestion would be to swap the cable(s) used to connect your cable box to your system, ensuring that this is connected securely on both ends.

Following this, I would suggest that you look at the sound settings of the cable box to make sure that this is outputting in a supported audio format, and that there are no mixer options that have been enabled or disabled by accident (such as changing the L/R Audio balance).

Please get back to me with an update once you've checked these, alongside some information about the sound settings of the cable box if possible!

Liam W 

Silent Starter

If I’m not mistaken our cable box is connected via a HDMI cable. I’ll check and let you know.

The units have not been moved so I’m not sure that is the issue but I will check and see.

It was working fine prior to us going on vacation and no one was here. So I’m not sure what could have happened...

JP

Hi Jpmccr, 

Thanks for posting and letting us know this! 

Have you had a chance to check the settings and the setup? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B