Highlighted
CBene
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Bose 300 Soundbar not Connecting to Samsung TV

My Bose 300 Soundbar and Bass was fine for about a year (But periodiclly needed re pairing) not the TV(Sansung) does not recognize it and does not work

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose 300 Soundbar not Connecting to Samsung TV

Hi Cbene, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Can you please provide me with a little more information so that I can assist you further: 

• How are you connected to the Soundbar? HDMI or Optical? 
  • Have you adjusted anything in your setup? 
  • When you say the TV doesn't recognize the system does it not connect at all? 
  • Are you able to stream other audio to the Soundbar? 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

CBene
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for the reply Hector...

When I first set it up I couldn’t ever get it to connect to my WiFi ( to use the iPhone app)
But it was recognized by the Samsung tv and worked fine.
Then after about a year the tv was not connecting and using the tv speakers...I then unplugged everything (tv sound bar cable box)
And basically rebooted the system...the sound bar and sub woofer ...I would have to do this perodically....now nothing I do gets it to connect....when I look at the speaker setup on the tv it says no connection on the hdmi plugin...I use HDMI. Not optic 

I think I need to start from s scratch and set it up again and get the WiFi connected as well..(So I can use the iphone app)
How to I reset it??

Thanks

Chris

Hi there @CBene and thanks for following up!

From here, I would suggest that you restore the factory defaults to your SoundTouch 300 and start the reboot process again.

To factory reset your system, please connect the system to power, turn this on, then press the "SoundTouch" button (this is between the AUX and Bluetooth symbols).

Once the SoundTouch button has been pressed, please press and hold the "Teletext" button (This is the bottom right, to the right of "CC") for 10 seconds until the lights on the Soundbar blink white.

This will then reboot for around 60 seconds, before the Wi-Fi LED (far left) glows solid amber, indicating the reset is complete.

Once you have reset this, please reconnect the cables to the TV (this time, please use the optical cable if possible) and test the system again. If you can hear audio, please set this up on the SoundTouch app if you use this, and swap back over to the HDMI ARC if you prefer.

If you did not hear audio after the reset, and your TV is correctly set to the optical out audio, please press the Bluetooth button, and try to pair to the Soundbar wirelessly. When paired, please try to play audio from the phone to the Soundbar and confirm this is working.

Please get back to me with any updates on this when you can!

Liam W

CBene
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Trued factory reset but the WiFi amber light just keeps blinking 

Hi CBene, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I would highly recommend that you attempt to perform the setup via this alternate method! This should allow you to get the Soundbar back onto your Wi-Fi network. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Eagleder
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with my Samsung Smart TV and connectivity to the Bose 300 surround sound. I have tried many things including advice from my Bose supplier which ultimately suggested starting from scratch and reloading. I had no problems until recently when I changed my TV from LG to Samsung smart TV. I am now in a position where I can get sound from my Soundbar 300 and the woofer but the 2 surround sound speakers will not play. I have as suggested power down for 5 minutes and reconnected but no success. I would be very grateful for some assistance

Thanks 

Derek

Hell Eagleder,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 300; this is absolutely something I would be able to help you with!

Firstly, I would suggest that you check the connections to the speakers are not loose or damaged, although this seems unlikely it is always best to check. It would also be good to check to see what the LED indicators on the back of the speakers are showing, as then you can see if there is power.

Secondly, I would recommend resetting the system, this can be done via the steps below:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

It would also be good to check that the TV has the correct 5.1 capability. 

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C