Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captcruz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Bose 321-Bose TV Speaker

Bose 321  / Bose TV Speaker.  Hello, I have my Bose TV speaker  hooked up to my TV and it works great, I have an older 321 system  that I want to set up and need help in setting it up so that when I play a CD the sound comes from the Bose TV speaker, not the Bose 321 speakers, as well as playing a DVD movie, is it possible to not use the speakers that came with the BOSE 321. Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose 321-Bose TV Speaker

If I recall correctly, then not really.

The 321 was designed as the "end unit" so whatever sound played by the TV or other devices went through the 321 speakers.  Hence the only output is the headphone output.

You're probably better just picking up a cheap BD player (I don't think there are many DVD players left around the place)

captcruz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Re: Bose 321-Bose TV Speaker

Hello, I think I'm going to purchase a newer 321 since this one is very old. I will setup the 321 to just have the video cable connected to a new Tv as well. I will leave the Bose Tv speaker inline dedicated  for Tv only, and switch on the the Tv speakers when watching a DVD as the Tv speakers are off now with he Bose Tv speaker. I will have my old cassette tapes put on a CD , therefore no need to buy a CD deck.    Mark my question for you is, since my 321 in very old I was thinking the  321 GS11 or111. your thoughts on 11 or 111 model as a better model. Keep in mind, we don't use the 321 very often is why I wouldn't;t buy the newest Bose Home system.. Thank you