I'd like to know what is needed to be added to the setup in order to:

1/ Have phones connect via Bluetooth to play music and video

2/ Be able to play music and video through a usb stick

best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose 321 pre-hdmi

Hello danai, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

You would need a Bluetooth adapter to stream audio from a smartphone. While I am unable to, hopefully, a member of the Community can provide you with a recommendation for a particular model that they use.

With regards to playing music and video through a USB stick, this just isn't going to be possible. You will need an external device that accepts these connections. I would recommend checking to see if your TV has a USB port as many TVs now allow media browsing capabilities via USB now. The alternative would be to use a smart Android box or something similar. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Bose 321 pre-hdmi

Any device that is compatible with both your phone and your TV will do. For example, if they're both on the same Wi-Fi network, an iPhone connects easily through an AppleTV. A properly connected AppleTV will get the sound and picture to the TV, and the sound to 321.

The USB stick depends on your TV; if your TV accepts a USB stick, then a proper setup will allow the audio to get to the 321 as well.