rowbotg2
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Bose 500 & Alexa set up

Bose product name Bose 500 Soundbar

Country UK

Hi ,

Daft question probably but hope you can advise, im not very techy !

I dont want to use Alexa via my Soundbar and have not set it up in the App but my question is do still need to mute the microphone which turns on a red light on the unit or can I leave this unmmuted with red light off ?

Thanks

with 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose 500 & Alexa set up

Author Accepted Answer selected by rowbotg2

Hello rowbotg2, 

Thanks for posting. 

Valid question! I can confirm the microphone only listens if you have it actively set up to one of the voice assistants so muting is not necessary but certainly up to you if you wish to engage the mute function. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Bose 500 & Alexa set up

Author Accepted Answer selected by rowbotg2

Hello rowbotg2, 

Thanks for posting. 

Valid question! I can confirm the microphone only listens if you have it actively set up to one of the voice assistants so muting is not necessary but certainly up to you if you wish to engage the mute function. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post