jrome_40
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Bose 500 bass module sounds distorted sometimes

Purchased the Bose 500 soundbar and bass module from Costco Dec 2019. Lately, the Bass Module occasionally will sound distorted. It is connected to the soundbar wirelessly and I would prefer it that way. I have relocated the bass someplace else in the room other than right next to the soundbar like it was recommended and still have same distortion occasionally. The bass is not turned up very high on the module. Have tried multiple times to run the Adaptiq audio calibration system and it won't finish the calibration. Says to contact support for headset. Room is laminate wood floor with a huge rug in middle of room. Thought maybe there was sound distraction from flooring. Room size is about 14'x16' 

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 500 bass module sounds distorted sometimes

Hi Jrome_40, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your bass module. I will do all I can to assist you! 

Have you noticed when you get this issue? Is there something specific that happens, as you say you only get it occasionally?

Is there anything in your listening space that could cause you to experience interference?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jrome_40
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

there is nothing specific that makes it happen. It can work great for awhile. Then randomly it will make some distorted sounds. It is placed next to my couch and there is nothing blocking the speaker. I first had it placed next to the Tv entertainment center like what is recommended and it did the same thing there. 

jrome_40
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

And when it does start making the distort sounds, the speaker sounds cuts out for a few seconds. I thought maybe because it sits on laminate wood flooring but that is not the case. I placed the speaker on my couch as I sat next to it to listen for it. Could it be the because I wasn’t able to run the Adaptiq calibration? It is super annoying for something I haven’t had very long. 

Vicky_W

I am sorry to hear that @jrome_40. I think running ADAPTiQ would be the best thing here. If you reach out to your local support team you can get a new headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

I would love to know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jrome_40
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

BOSE Facebook they must be on vacation. I messaged them on Thursday of last week and still have not heard anything back from them. 

Tegan_M

We are very sorry to hear that. Our Social team are experiencing very high volumes of messages at this time. We thoroughly appreciate your patience. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
gk1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

I recently purchased and installed my Bose 500 base module, paired with Smart Soundbar 300, and am having the exact same issue with intermittent distortion in the bass module. I've moved the module throughout the room, same effect. I've also re-paired and reset the module. The instructions say to calibrate with ADAPTiQ, but this wasn't included with either the soundbar or the bass module. Thanks for any help.

Keith_L

Hi gk1,

The Smart Soundbar 300 does not have the ability to calibrate the sound using ADAPTiQ, so you won't be able to use this to help calibrate the bass module on your soundbar. However, you can adjust the tone controls and volumes of the bass module and soundbar separately in the Bose Music app by following the steps shown HERE. If you play the audio you've heard distortion on before, you can then adjust these settings to get the best sound for you.

I hope this helps, let me know!