Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Bose 500 universal Remote Control doesn’t Fully Work ?

My universal Remote Control Partly stopped working yesterday With my Bose 500 speaker. 
All Channels work except when I Press 8 it doesn’t work on the remote, neither does the Sound control work Turning it down and unable to operate “TV”Input By scrolling Down or up ? Unable to select TV, Music or Bluetooth when you press on their symbols ? I have tried resetting the Remote and have put new batteries in but no Luck to get the remote back to working fully. I would be Great full if somebody could help solve this problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 universal Remote Control doesn’t Fully Work ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Boyo

Hey Boyo,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear the remote is still unable to repair with your soundbar!

In case there is wireless interference stopping the setup of the remote and soundbar from completing it would be a good idea to temporarily unplug any wireless devices near the soundbar while performing the setup @Sam_F described. The most common sources of this interference are devices like routers, cordless phones, and wireless printers, but to be safe it is worth disconnecting any wireless devices just while you test this.

I know you mentioned you are unable to contact us currently but if this does not allow you to re-pair the remote then I would recommend trying to in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hey @Boyo,

That's quite strange! To confirm, are you saying that the remote buttons are not responding when you press them (i.e they will not light up)? How long have you owned the system for, and has this remote issue ever happened in the past? 

Also, what TV are you trying to control with the remote? Have you made any adjustments to your living arrangements causing any physical barriers between the soundbar and the TV?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I Changed the Batteries and when I went to use the Remote to change Channels the “8” button wouldn’t work when I pressed the number 8 and also I was unable to operate the Source Button and the TV Input button? I disconnected the Bose App, pulled the power cable from Bose 500 speaker and tried resetting everything without any Luck ? I am now unable to pair the remote with the Bose 500 and tried resetting the speaker & remote taking batteries out several times and resetting without the Remote Control connecting to the Bose App & TV .

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I purchased the Remote Control November 2019 and the TV is Panasonic which I didn’t have any problems before Changing the battery’s ?

Highlighted

Thank you for letting me know what you tired, @Boyo.

At this stage, I'd recommend trying the following to pair the remote back to your Soundbar 500:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet.
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times.
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed.
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

After, go into the universal remote settings, and try to re-configure the TV and the connected devices you use. Afterwards, let me know if you notice an improvement or if there are certain buttons still not working.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for your help. I have tried everything again which you stated by resetting the speaker, unplugging the Internet and resetting the remote control.  When I press the Left Cursor & press the down Volume on the Remote (6 lights doesn’t Flash) only the Music, TV & Bluetooth lights flash separately. I am unable to contact Bose regarding this matter, but I thank you very much for your help.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Boyo

Hey Boyo,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear the remote is still unable to repair with your soundbar!

In case there is wireless interference stopping the setup of the remote and soundbar from completing it would be a good idea to temporarily unplug any wireless devices near the soundbar while performing the setup @Sam_F described. The most common sources of this interference are devices like routers, cordless phones, and wireless printers, but to be safe it is worth disconnecting any wireless devices just while you test this.

I know you mentioned you are unable to contact us currently but if this does not allow you to re-pair the remote then I would recommend trying to in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi Keith,

Thanks for you reply regarding my problems setting up the Universal Bose Remote Control (Bose 500). I have switched of the router, disconnected cordless phones, unplugged printer and tried resetting the Bose 500 Soundbar several times as well as trying to reset the remote. Once the Source and TV Input flashes twice the 🎵 🖥 & Bluetooth  buttons  flashes separately and unable to programme the Remote Control.

I personally think there is a problem with the remote, because before I changed the Batteries, button No; 8 wouldn’t work when you pressed No; 8 Button ? The remote was purchased last November and tried contacting Bose through the Global support Which you provided me the link but still unable to contact any person. I understand the situation regarding Covid 19, but it’s very frustrating when you can’t get support when you need it?
Looking Forward to your reply.

Highlighted

No worries Boyo!

From how you are describing this it does sound like you are correct and there is something going wrong with the remote itself. 

You should be able to reach out to your local support team for further assistance, I know most of our support teams are still available, but wait times have been impacted by Covid 19. If you can let me know what country you are in, I can try and direct you to the right team to reach out to for this!