Bose 650 dead after update

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose 650 dead after update

Hello, Bose just pushed me to install a new update to the Bose Lifestyle 650 - I clicked update and walked away.  Now the unit is powered down and will not turn on - no lights of any kind.  It seems to be dead. What happened and how do I fix it?  I tried holding down the source and setup buttons to reset it.  I unplugged the power for 5 minutes and plugged it back in to a different outlet.  I unplugged all the connections in the back with not so much as a light turning on.  Nothing seems to work and the remote just has a spinning wheel.  Did this update just brick the Bose?  If so, Bose should pull the update immediately so it does not brick any more units.   

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 650 dead after update

Hello Stanimal,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that your Lifestyle 650 is presenting this issue. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting that you have already performed. Could you please follow these steps to reset the system:

1. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  2. Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  3. An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber, then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  4. Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

If you are unable to receive any communication from the 650 after this step, I would strongly recommend that you contact your local customer service center who will be more than happy to help with this. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support