Cglov321
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Bose 700 Bluetooth Music App Issue

Just purchased the 700 soundbar/sub/surround speakers.  I’ve read about quite a few issues so I’m putting it through the paces now in case I need to return it.  Considering the cost it should simply function as expected.  Overall, I’m quite impressed (despite the price!) and really like it except for one issue that’s really bugging me.  I use the system for music as much if not more than for movies.

When using the Bluetooth for music (IHeartRadio, Pandora etc) the sound routinely cuts out for approx 1/2 sec or skips which is absolutely irritating.  When using the Bose music app this doesn’t happen.  Problem is, the Bose app doesn’t allow for my playlist and unlimited song skips add free on IHeartRadio (which I pay for).  Is there a way to get the Bluetooth to function without the delays/skipping??  OR—if using the IHeartRadio/Pandora via the Bose music app (preferred), how do I use my paid service, playlist, unlimited song skips etc?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Bluetooth Music App Issue

Hello Cglov321, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forums. 

I am glad that you are enjoying your soundbar so far. Let's see f we can get this Bluetooth glitch out of the way so you can get back to enjoying your system. 

I can see that you have read this thread here. Have you attempted any of the troubleshooting within the thread? If so, please can you let me know what you have tried as I would not like to duplicate anything?  Also, it would be great to know what Bluetooth device you are connecting to the soundbar? 

Once I know this, we can look at finding the cause of the issue. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Cglov321
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.  

- Bluetooth devices connected: IPAD Air II and Samsung S8 phone.

- Previously I disconnected/repaired both devices

- Shut off the power to system for few minutes

- Rebooted Modem/Router, played with various functions in Bose App.

- Finally I moved modem/router to a different location.  They were approx 3’ from the speaker, now in another room (other side of the wall)

- - This seem to work (surprised!).  Anyway, it worked quite well for a while last night and then again today for a short while.  Then the issue returned.

- -  I shut the system down for a few minutes and repaired the devices.  Modem/router is still in new location which I think was my primary issue??  May be different for others?   Currently it’s working well again for the past 45min or so.  Switched between devices a few times, still good so far.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cglov321,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it is running smoothly for you now!

Given how close the router was to the soundbar before, it is possible it was interfering with Bluetooth signal. Having a Wi-Fi router that close to a Bluetooth device can cause problems with the connection, as the Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth signal are both using similar frequencies.

As it is working well and has been for a while, I'd recommend monitoring it and seeing how it goes, but I am confident that removing the interference will have fixed this.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Cglov321
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Ok, so apparently the problem still exists.  Not nearly as bad after moving the router so that was a definite improvement but not a resolution.  Any other suggestions?  Don’t see why this is such a big issue for Bose when it’s not with much lesser brands/products?  

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cglov,

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry to hear the problem has not been completely removed.

Seeing as moving the router has improved the connection, it may be that there are still some sources of interference near the soundbar.

The first thing I would consider is as you said the router is now on the other side of the wall from the soundbar, is this directly on the other side of the wall, or further away than that? I would recommend making sure the router is at least 1 or 2 meters away from the soundbar and not between your Bluetooth source and the soundbar.

If you have other wireless devices near the soundbar, it would be worth testing with them unplugged. If the connection improves, add them back into the environment one at a time and see which is causing the interference.

Let us know how this goes.

Keith L

Highlighted
Cglov321
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

The router was at least 4-5ft or so...moved it a little further.  In any case, I used the Bluetooth today for 1+hrs with only one 1/2 sec pause that I noticed.  Think I’m good to go for the most part.  Didn’t have any other bluetooth devices by the Soundbar, just my Roku 4K connected to HDMI on the TV.