Lvlz26
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Bose 700 Google Assistant "sorry i can't play (insert app here) on android tv yet"

I have a Bose 700 and a Sony 900F both connected with Google Assistant. The Sony 900F has a built-in Chromecast and is an Android TV. When I give the Bose 700 a command to open Netflix or YouTube or play any video type of application it will just say "sorry i can't play (netflix) on android tv yet, please use your Android TV remote". The Bose plays Spotify on the TV when I  give the command but nothing really else. Do I need a physical Chromecast or Google Home or both to accomplish what I am trying to do? Any type of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose 700 Google Assistant "sorry i can't play (insert app here) on android tv yet"

I can't say for sure, however my Google Assistant in the SB700 can stream netflix to my chromecast ultra, but not my Sony TV.  However the TV is one about 3 years old and had Chromecast built in but not GA.  From my reading, most of the new Sonys should do it but all 3rd party google assistant devices have some limiteations that Google home devices don't.  So this could be one of them.

Re: Bose 700 Google Assistant "sorry i can't play (insert app here) on android tv yet"

Hello Lvlz26, 

Many thanks for posting, welcome to the Community. 

There are some Google Assistant features that are supported by Google's devices that are unsupported with non-Google devices. Chromecast functionality is not available and nor is the ability to control home theatre devices (i.e changing inputs or channels.) 

I hope this clears things up for you and anyone else curious about this.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support