Highlighted
ChadMann
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Connecting to PC

Hi, is there a way to connect my 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones to PC and use the microphone?

I can connect using the audio plug, but it doesn't seem to work with the microphone.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Connecting to PC

Author Accepted Answer selected by ChadMann

Hi ChadMann, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The Bluetooth connectivity will absolutely be perfect for your general needs. I would recommend purchasing a Bluetooth USB dongle for your computer to add Bluetooth connectivity. We cannot make recommendations for specific models (other users of the forum, please feel free to add your suggestions!) but when searching, ensure the dongle supports HSP, HFP and A2DP pairing profiles in the specifications. 

While I am unsure if the USB port is wired in a manner which can bring audio/voice routing integration to the headphones via a firmware update, I will certainly feed this feature request back to our developers. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi ChadMann, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

In regards to your query, what is it you are trying to do with the Microphone as this will determine whether this is possible. Are you looking to use the headphones for conference calls? Or are you looking to game with them? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

But, regardless of his reason, can he use the headphones and computer microphone or not?

Hi Jimgfits, 

Thanks for adding to the thread! 

Like I said in my post, It all depends on what is trying to be achieved. You can absolutely use to mic on the headset. 

I apologize for any confusion my post created. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Are you sure?  Is the headphone jack on a computer also an input channel?  Maybe it is.  IDK.

Hi Jimgfitz, 

Thanks for following up. 

Dependant on what you are trying to achieve, you can use the headphone jack on a computer as an input channel. However, this depends on the cable used. As the Audio cable from the NC700 headphones does not have an inline remote, you will be unable to use in this way unless you get a replacement cable with a microphone. When you plug in the audio cable to the headphones it will disable the built-in microphone. 

However, if you connect via Bluetooth you should still be able to use the built-in microphone on the headset dependant on what it is your looking to do. 

I hope this helps to clarify. If you have any further questions, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Thanks, I think that is probably the answer the OP was looking for.

ChadMann
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Hi Jessie, 

thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm actually looking for both. Games and conference calls. I really like the sound quality, I'm quite OK with the idea of purchasing a separate microphone, but using the headset for now, would be great.

Would it be possible to get a blue tooth receiver for the headphones? (My PC doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity otherwise) Or if I replace the audio cable, to one with input line also, would that work?

Would be great if it had USB connectivity. I'm really happy with the product, but I feel overall this was a design failure on BOSE's behalf not to have better PC integration.

Thanks for your reply thus far and assistance, appreciated.

Author Accepted Answer selected by ChadMann

Hi ChadMann, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The Bluetooth connectivity will absolutely be perfect for your general needs. I would recommend purchasing a Bluetooth USB dongle for your computer to add Bluetooth connectivity. We cannot make recommendations for specific models (other users of the forum, please feel free to add your suggestions!) but when searching, ensure the dongle supports HSP, HFP and A2DP pairing profiles in the specifications. 

While I am unsure if the USB port is wired in a manner which can bring audio/voice routing integration to the headphones via a firmware update, I will certainly feed this feature request back to our developers. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

View solution in original post

ChadMann
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for providing this solution, although I had been aware this should work. 

BOSE should really consider providing one, or some sort of out of the box connectivity to PC.

Any suggestions for USB dongle's welcome.