Bose 700 Soundbar causing tv to turn off?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose 700 Soundbar causing tv to turn off?

I am having some trouble with my new 700 soundbar. We tried the soundbar with a Sony Bravia and an LG Tv. Same results.

The below is what usually happens in the morning.

1) TV is off,Soundbar ( I am persuming is off as well) and Top Box (Bell Receiver).

2) I use the Top Box controller to turn on TV. I assume this turns on the Soundbar as well?

3) Tv turns on and turns off immediately.

3) Press power button to turn TV on again. TV turns on stays on for a few seconds and turns off.

4) Try to press power a third time. TV is now on and sound switches to soundbar.

We unplugged the Soundbar from the TV, and it has been turning on fine with no issues on the first try. So we can only assume this is an issue with the soundbar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar causing tv to turn off?

Hello Kauve! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulty, but am glad to help! What you are experiencing is a conflict with your TV's CEC. If you aren't familiar with CEC (Consume Electronics Control) it is a method of allowing the a single button push (Power on, for example) to turn on all connected devices. The effect here is likely caused by the use of the controller for a source device. If you use the TV remote or the Bose Universal remote you will probably get a different result. I'd recommend using the Universal remote that came with your Soundbar 700. 

We are here to help if you need anything else! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

2 REPLIES

Hello Kauve! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulty, but am glad to help! What you are experiencing is a conflict with your TV's CEC. If you aren't familiar with CEC (Consume Electronics Control) it is a method of allowing the a single button push (Power on, for example) to turn on all connected devices. The effect here is likely caused by the use of the controller for a source device. If you use the TV remote or the Bose Universal remote you will probably get a different result. I'd recommend using the Universal remote that came with your Soundbar 700. 

We are here to help if you need anything else! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thank you Greg Smiley Happy