LVZEEEEEEE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Bose 700 sound bar and subwoofer

Has there been any fix to the Bose 700 sound bar connecting to a Samsung tv? I have a newer 2016 65” curved tv. HDMI ARC is still having issues. It’s hit and miss from day to day. Connected with optical cord but it’s not the same. Bose is great quality but I feel like I’m stuck with a $1500 investment because of the connectivity issues between Samsung and Bose. This is on Bose!
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose 700 sound bar and subwoofer

Hi Lvzeeeeeeee,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundBar 700, I can understand that this would be very frustrating and I will do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend unplugging both the TV and the SoundBar 700 from power, whilst keeping the HDMI Cable plugged in. 

Wait for 30 seconds, plug in just the SoundBar. 

Wait for it to reboot, select the TV source on the Remote. 

Plug in the TV. 

This should restore the handshake between the soundbar and the TV. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

LVZEEEEEEE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

That’s what I do every week. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I shouldn’t have to do this 90% of the time. This doesn’t help me at all. It should work every time I turn my TV on.
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@LVZEEEEEEE wrote:
That’s what I do every week. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I shouldn’t have to do this 90% of the time. This doesn’t help me at all. It should work every time I turn my TV on.

Have you run the latest update. 4.0.9. This update is supposed to fix a lot of issues.

LVZEEEEEEE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

No I haven’t but I’m desperate so let me try that
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Just a thought but are you sure the problem isn't with your TV . I have had several Samsung TV's and have always found there can be some delay while they boot up before they output audio via HDMI my current one can be ok straight away or can take up to 1 min before it outputs audio. I know it's not Bose as it did same thing with previous soundbar.
LVZEEEEEEE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

It’s a known issue with the Bose 700 and Samsung TV’s.