Hillock burn
Participant
  • 0
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out

The back ground sound is cutting out on dvds played from ps4, and when I watch shows from the ps4, in netflix , prime . Going to buy a new hdmi arc cord tomorrow. 

Bose product name

 

Country

 

Firmware Version

 

App Version

 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

 

 

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B
Moderator

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out

Hello Hillock Burn, 

 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing audio cutouts when connected to the PS4. 

 

If you could please correctly fill out the form above, we would love to assist you further with this. 

 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NeonsNight
Mentor
  • 87
  • 628
  • 53
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out


@Hillock burn wrote:

The back ground sound is cutting out on dvds played from ps4, and when I watch shows from the ps4, in netflix , prime . Going to buy a new hdmi arc cord tomorrow. 


I created a guide to help people get the best sound quality possible with a TV that has ARC, not eARC. Also, if your TV does not support lossless audio you might need to change some audio settings. I go over how to do this in a PS5, I believe it's the same with the PS4.

 

Hopefully, that should help answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

Hillock burn
Participant
  • 0
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out

Hello, still trying to dial everything in . Thanks for the info . Still having some issues with back ground noise cutting out from ps4 apps, hbomax and some dvds played from ps4. 

 

NeonsNight
Mentor
  • 87
  • 628
  • 53
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out


@Hillock burn wrote:

Hello, still trying to dial everything in . Thanks for the info . Still having some issues with back ground noise cutting out from ps4 apps, hbomax and some dvds played from ps4. 


What steps did you follow?

Hillock burn
Participant
  • 0
  • 3
  • 0
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out

Hello, my ps4 is set to dolby, I am using the opticle cable now instead of the hdmi arc. 

 The dvd setting thru the ps4 is bitstream .

  

My tv setting is pcm.

 The options I have for settings on ps4 are.  

Linear pcm 

Bitstream(dolby) 

Bistream (DTS)

 

The dvd options settings are. 

Bitstream (direct) 

Linear PCM 

 

The tv options  for digital audio out are. 

Pcm 

Digital 

Auto

 My ps4 is plugged into tv with hdmi cable, the opticle cable runs from tv to sound bar 700. Of the hdmi arc is the best thing to use them I will use that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NeonsNight
Mentor
  • 87
  • 628
  • 53
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose 700 sound bar, dvd from ps4 cutting out


@Hillock burn wrote:

Hello, my ps4 is set to dolby, I am using the opticle cable now instead of the hdmi arc. 

 The dvd setting thru the ps4 is bitstream .

  

My tv setting is pcm.

 The options I have for settings on ps4 are.  

Linear pcm 

Bitstream(dolby) 

Bistream (DTS)

 

The dvd options settings are. 

Bitstream (direct) 

Linear PCM 

 

The tv options  for digital audio out are. 

Pcm 

Digital 

Auto

 My ps4 is plugged into tv with hdmi cable, the opticle cable runs from tv to sound bar 700. Of the hdmi arc is the best thing to use them I will use that. 


Ok, since I provided you with the recommendations with the PS5 and as I believe they are the same, I will guess you have changed the audio to the correct settings already. I also hope you looked at the other link that shows you the best ways to connect a SoundBar 700 to a TV and you decided to go with Option 1 and didn't want to try out Options 2 or 3.

 

So let's go from there then. We know that the issue is in one of 4 places, the SoundBar 700, the TV, the PS4, or the Cables. So let's eliminate one variable. Connect the Optical out from the PS4 directly to the SoundBar 700.

 

If the issue persists, we know that the TV is not the cause and we can try to figure out the rest.