SplashChris
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Bose 700 soundbar remote won't control Sony Bravia TV???

I have a 4k Sony Briavia TV, Model #: KD-49x720E. Gone through the phone app setup a few times without success and came here for assistance. Not sure why a Sony TV would not be compatible with this univeral remote. I checked on the Sony website and they stated that this TV is not programmable. What? It's a year old rather expensive television so I don't quite understand. Is there some way to resolve this. Otherwise my bulky Bose remote is just a paperweight volume control.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 soundbar remote won't control Sony Bravia TV???

Hello Chris, 

Many thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues pairing your Bose remote to your Sony television. 

Other users who have suggested similar issues have found the solution to be that the Soundbar had been placed in front of the TV which had accidentally blocked the IR receiver on the TV preventing the remote from working correctly. You can read more about this here.

If this is the case for you, please relocate the soundbar, or reach out to support to discuss purchasing an IR emitter which can be installed on the back of the soundbar to help with line of sight to the receiver on your television. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
JMazz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I have the same TV...I am on my 3rd remote with zero luck...have you found any resolution?  Mine used to work perfectly on this TV so I am baffled.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello JMazz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I would recommend removing all of the devices you have paired with the remote, then pair your TV with the remote first then finish with all the other cable boxes you have connected. You can do all of this through the Bose Music app. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C