Alvarezmartin2003
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Bose 700 subwoofer popping noise

I have a popping or Crackling noise coming from my sub woofer at times when watching TV...  has anyone else experienced this and how can it be fixed... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jacqueb4u
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Re: Bose 700 subwoofer popping noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alvarezmartin2003

I have the same problem...  only when watching when watching TV.  Streaming music no problem.  Suggestions?

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Jeff_G

Hello Alarezmartin2003, 

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Bass Module 700 popping. That is unusual, and I'd like to find out more to see if we can come to a resolution. 

Can you please confirm: 

1. Does this issue occur with all sources?

2. What sources are you using? 

3. If the issue is only on one source, what content are you trying to view?

4. How frequently do you hear the popping?

5. Are there any nearby sources of potential interference? 

6. How long has this been happening? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you, and if anyone else is having similar issues, or had similar issues, please feel free to add your comments. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jacqueb4u
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Alvarezmartin2003

I have the same problem...  only when watching when watching TV.  Streaming music no problem.  Suggestions?

View solution in original post

Hector_B

Hello Jacqueb4u, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am sorry to read that you are also having this issue and would love to assist you further.

Can you please answer all the questions that are above from Moderator Jeff G as well as performing a reset on the system by following the steps below: 

• Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  • Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

Once we have a reply to the questions above we can investigate this issue a little further for you. If any other users are having a similar issue please answer the questions above when responding. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Alvarezmartin2003
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Hopefully this helps I haven’t heard the popping in awhile... so I Deleted my sound bar and bass module from the tv and app... unplug the sound bar and base module and wait about 1 minute to plug it back up... waited for everything to power back up and reinstalled everything to TV and app...  

Keith_L

Hi Alvarezmartin2003,

Thank you for letting us know that this has worked for you! Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users if they are experiencing anything similar.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Alvarezmartin2003
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

The popping noise has started again... Smh... 😤 seems like a lot of bose owners of the 700 are experiencing the same thing... hope Bose found a fix for this... 

Vicky_W

Hello Alvarezmartin2003, 

Thanks for posting. 

I am sorry that this issue persists for you. Can I please ask how you are connecting the bass module to the soundbar? If it is via WiFi, there may be interference using this issue for you. Please, can you try moving the bass module to different areas of the room and test again for me? 

If you are connected via a cable, can I please ask if there seems to be a pattern to the popping at all? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

B-sHiZZilLe
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Just bought my Bose 700 subwoofer on 3/6/20.   It's only been 3 weeks  my speaker is already making popping and crackling noises.   It pops/cracks using any source or music app.    I moved it away from any other speaker that may have been creating interference.  Still makes noises.   WHAT IS GOING ON ??     CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?????   THE TECH SUPPORT PHONE LINE KEEPS DROPPING MY CALLS.     THINKING ABOUT RETURNING IT

Charlotte_G

Hey,

Welcome to the Bose Community. 

Sorry to hear about your early issue with your Bass Module 700 and the popping/crackling noise that it's emitting.

It's a great idea to check for surrounding interference. Another way to tell is by hard wiring the bass module to the soundbar. Do you by any chance have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable that you could test this with? I'm not suggesting this is a resolution as such, but for testing purposes, this would really help. If you don't have one, please do reach out to us to get one sent out to you.  Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

I look forward to hearing back from you.