JeffGerardWpg
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Bose 700 subwoofer popping noise

Using an ethernet cable won't help with the popping. The issue is the 5 GHz wireless connection between the SB and the bass module. That is why the easiest solution is to wire the SB to the bass module to get rid of the popping. This issue will be more prominent where you have a mesh wifi network as they use different 5 GHz channels to communicate. Bose needs to rethink this solution.

Faizee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

thank you so much for your response. This is such a frustrating issue. There’s no way to hardwire my sub and my google WiFi access point is all the way in another room. 

Faizee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

I talked to a Bose agent today and he gave me the usual story about wiring the sub to the sound bar. I told home that was impossible. He said if I wanted to keep it wireless I would have to figure out how to rearrange my home to basically make the sub work. It’s absolutely infuriating that Bose knowingly sold a defective product to so many people. And even now don’t have plans to recall and fix it. 

EdGggg
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

My 700 was a miserable mess.  Popping in the sub and cracking.  We were thinking about returning the system.

We finally bit the bullet and upgraded WiFi to a mesh network.  The WiFi repeaters are all gone and I have not heard the popping from the 700 bass at all.  

It was a few hundred bucks but we also get better connectivity around the house on the WiFi side.

I did have trouble getting the soundbar onto the new wifi, but that is another story.  I totally deleted the app and added the soundbar back as a new device.  Never a simple fix...

Faizee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

That’s interesting, we have a google mesh system and the sub gives tons of popping. What system do you use? Also how far is your mesh point from the sub?

djOFFLee
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2021

Hi Shawn,

i am having same issues on my smartsoundbar 300 with bass module 500. I was just about to buy wireless rear speakers and now looking for other options! 
Question i wanted to ask are you using wireless rear speakers and they are making same annoying cracklings sound too?

djOFFLee
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2021

Hi Fishkeeper 101,

Great feedback, more useful than what moderators advices here on the forums or the technicians in bose service center here in Doha.

I have smart soundbar 300 with bass module 500 with same issues. I got so angry when it first happened after 3 weeks, quickly tested it with aux cable and worked, as it was too close to router i moved them in another room and tested and it worked, then took it to service and gave them the feedback and advice i was given change the place of router, which wasn’t possible…

now i moved into new flat and they are using ubiquiti wifi6 access points all around the building working on dual band, even if want to set up my network i still get wireless interference! And i have no chance to access to network to change the settings, now i have to use the bass with cable, after your message it was clear for me thats the only way, so annoying paying that price and not having the product working as it should be! 

Are wireless rear speakers having same issues with wireless interference? If they are i am not going to buy them as i can not have that much wire going around the furniture i will do my best to return my Bose products back and look other brands wireless options 

Many thanks

Fatih

alexned
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2021

I have also been experiencing this popping. Kind of a relief to see so many other people getting it too. So has there been any other solutions other than hard wiring? I have seen some people use wifi extenders? Kind of a newb with that stuff. Any info is helpful. Thanks guys. 
P.S terribly disappointed with Bose. I have flown the flag for nearly 20 years but they have become not very user friendly and are riddled with bugs!

Faizee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

No other solution provided by Bose. I called them and all they did was send me a cable. I don’t have any of these issues with Sonos. Very disappointed!

Rcaligiuri777
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

I have had this ongoing problem since original purchase. The bass module popped and also intermittently cut out. They did ask me to relocate it and also to direct wire it. Nothing seemed to help. They said I was too far away from router but it was less than three feet from it. Then they said it must be interference and walked my through eliminating components to see it if helped nothing did. They replaced the system twice as well as several bass modules. It’s been a few years but I seem to recall I called corporate and they let me speak to a tech who explained it was a software issue and to be patient. After several months the update came out and fixed about 95% of the problem temporarily. I still have intermittent cutting out of the module and the bass pops pretty much 100% of the time. Worse when the volume is low. I have noticed that when the occasional system update happens it will alleviate these issues for a few weeks to a few months. This last update which was about a week or so ago made it worse. It’s been very disappointing. My tv and satellite system never changed when I upgraded to the 650 lifestyle. My old accoustimass never had issues. The gentleman I sold it too says it’s still works flawless. My opinion is it’s in the lifestyle unit/software and even possible hardware. Direct wiring makes no difference and one weird quirk is when I power on and watch my Samsung tv about 15 minutes of watching tv the screen goes black a few seconds and comes back on. It plugs into the lifestyle via hdmi. Maybe a coincidence but who knows. I have to put up with it since the system was so expensive but I cannot with any honesty brag on it to my friends when talk of a home system comes up. Seeing how I am not the only one experiencing these issues that tells me they know they have an issue and are unable to fix it permanently. Does anyone with the most recent system have these problems at did they fix it now but are unwilling to make the original ones right based and cost