Martin-g-g
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Re: Bose 700 soundbar cable box set up

In response to this question see below I do hope this can be resolved as it’s spoiling what is other wise a good product, but it is very glitchy 

This Bose 700 sound bar is connected to the following

Bose 700 bass unit

Samsung curved TV UE48JU674OU

virgin TiVo cable box

it happens randomly over all channels at any time, but more frequent in the evening

This has always been present, but during lock down have spent more time watching TV so more a-wear of the issue and it has become very annoying 

Soundbar is connected via optical cable to the tv and by cable to the modem

have changed all the hdmi cables. 
Put the sound bar back to factory setting and reset up many times due to other issues

check the latest updates are installed

Shaggy78
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Bose 700 system integrated alexa can't turn on cable by voice, but can turn it off.

I have the Bose 700 Soundbar, 700 Sub and 700 surrounds hooked up to a 2019 LGOLEDC9PUA but I’m having the same problem with Google Assistant.

I have the Soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI-CEC. The remote normally turns on the TV and Soundbar then a message pops up on the screen asking if I would like to power on my ATT DirectTV cable box. The remote also controls my Sony X700 Bluray Player, Apple TV 3 and all Smart TV functions. All are connected through a brand new Google Hub.

I CAN control the cable, HDMI ports, Smart TV Apps and Bluray Player while holding voice commands using the “Voice Command” button on the LG OLED Remote.

I thought the Google Hub should control everything and it’s disappointing that I must use voice commands from two separate sources.

Voice commands will turn OFF the TV and Bose but not ON. Even once the TV is on and I try to use most commands I get a message from the Bose 700 stating “the TV is currently OFF”. It will only change channels and change the volume of the Bose 700 from 1 - 10. I can’t change HDMI inputs nor will it recognize “Cable” “Blu-Ray Player” etc... I have already made sure the TV is set to Google Voice (both the LG OLED & Bose 700 should be capable of either Google or Alexa) and I’ve tried going into Bose Music and trying your suggestion to add the cable box there. I’ve also made sure the TV has been set up so that everything connected via HDMI-CEC should turn off/on together.

When I try many commands the Bose 700 tells me “Chromecast” is needed for that command. 

I thought that purchasing two higher end products which BOTH support Google Voice and Alexa would make it really easy to control everything in my house like you see in the LG commercials. Then I was told by Best Buy that the Nest Hub was all I was missing...

suggestions?

Shaggy78
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Bose 700 system integrated alexa can't turn on cable by voice, but can turn it off.

Is there a way to turn off Alexa on the Bose 700 and ensure it’s using Google Voice for some devices and Alexa for others?

Is purchasing the Chromecast necessary and will it allow me to control the TV using Google voice commands through the Bose 700 or Nest Hub? I was given an example to try “Hey Google, watch Stranger Things on Netflix on Living Room TV” and when I say that it WILL bring it up on my Google Hub by leaving off “on my Living Room TV” but when I try to bring it up on my TV it thinks as if it is trying but ultimately mentions Chromecast is needed or that that it is not possible. I have the Chromecast app on my iPhone, iPads, iWatch, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.

I have other words-Fi devices in my home such as a doggie cam with voice, a non-Nest wi-Fi doorbell with camera, wi-Fi printer, several wi-Fi 3D Bluray Players and Bose Soundlink & Sony headphones which all have wi-Fi and Bluetooth but NONE of which connect to the Nest or Bose devices. If a device is Bluetooth and Wifi capable there is no reason they shouldn’t ALL be able to connect together except that Lg, Bose and Nest want to force consumers to purchase specific products.

Please let me know before I spend more money bc it appears the Chromecast also requires a remote that you must hold a Voice Command button down on the remote in order to use voice commands. I certainly don’t want to need THREE remotes to simply use voice commands... the point is control everything in your house from your couch (being disabled). Otherwise, I may as well just use a remote for each device like I did before I spent all of this additional money. We have a Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Video Doorbell which we haven’t added bc we don’t want to complicate the set-up more than it is. I’d also planned on getting a Google Assistant Deadbold/with keypad & thumbprint and to the Phillips Hue kit to adjust the lighting but need answers before spending another $600+.

I love the Bose 700 but I’m beginning to question my choice. I had hoped to be able to connect two pairs of Bose 700 headphones simultaneously so that my Dad and I could watch movies at night without disturbing my Mother but it didn’t work (I can’t believe how incompatible Bose products are with one another)! I have the Bose Music App for my Bose 700 Nc headphones and Soundbar but need to keep the Soundlink app to connect my Bose Sound Link headphones.

I returned the two Bose 700 Nc headphones and plan to buy Apples new Airpads Max or Dolby Vision headphones bc even though they’re much more than the competition they have Special surround sound linked to your head position and room layout and both allow you to use two pairs of movies at once. But Ibwonder if they won’t connect to my Bose 700 Soundbar either.