Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Bose 700 universal remote will not controll my Samsung TV UN55NU6900FXZA

I have tried multiple times to pair the Bose 700 universal remote with my new Samsung Smart TV, model UN55NU6900FXZA.

I have used the auto pairing using the Bose Music App.  Also tried the advanced methode with the App.  Neither results in pairing with the TV.  Is there a code or other methode I can use.

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Bose 700 universal remote will not controll my Samsung TV UN55NU6900FXZA

Hello Guy495, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble programming the universal remote to control your Samsung TV. 

Has this previously worked or are you setting it up for the first time?

Does the remote control any other devices? 

When you are going through the automatic pairing process in the Bose Music app, is the TV responding to any of the commands?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am setting up a new bose 700 universal remote with a new Samsung Tv.  I have not attempted to use the remote with any other devise other than the 700 soundbar and that works fine.  In the auto process, it does not find the TV.  In the advance setup, after I enter the TV model #, the setup completes, all buttons on the remote light up, but the remote controlls nothing but the sound bar.  My assumption is the TV is so new that there is no code for it yet in the app.

All help is appreciated,

Guy Boyd

Hello Guy,

Many thanks for getting back in touch with us. 

Is the Soundbar directly in front of the television? It could potentially be blocking the IR receiver on the TV from receiving the commands sent by the remote control. I would also recommend attempting to program the remote with other devices such as a DVD/Blu Ray player, or cable box to see if you also have issues. 

For testing, I would recommend moving the soundbar just to check if it is in fact a line of sight related problem. 

I'll be interested to hear how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Ok,  I have tried all you have suggested.  Using the Dell music app, I get to the point where it recognizes the TV, with the app on the phone, the tv will turn off and the volume will change during part of the pairing process.  However, the only thing the 700 remote will control is the soiund bar.  I have moved the sound bar and got the same results.  I have tried to set up 2, bluetooth/dvd players and get no where in setting them up to use with the universal remote.  I am at a loss.  Other than the quality of sound, I purchased the 700 soundbar because it came with a universal remote.  It would be great if you could help me get this working.

Guy Boyd

Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Additional info:  I have tried all of the different apps on the TV and the remote seems (other than on and off)  to function well with all but one.  My provider Direct TV.  Nothing on the remote functions with Direct TV.  Direct TV is provided to this tv by a wireless receiver.

JMazz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Help!!!  Mine is doing the exact same thing however it is a NEW remote (3rd one) and it only controls the on/off and volume.  This is not a new Tv but it is less than a year old Sony Bravia) and has paired perfectly previoulsy, the last remote died and this one is doing the same thing as the tech and I count not reach a resolution so I am thinking its not a remote issue?

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

+1

Worked fine since I got it, stopped last couple of days, assume its due to a firmware update

Samsung UA55MU7000

Hello all, 

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some problems with your universal remote. 

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Removal all 3rd party devices from remote.
  2. Settings > (Universal Remote) TV or Configure >
  3. Enter TV or Device Brand > Tap My TV/Device is On >
  4. Tap Try it now > Press Advanced Setup >
  5. Enter TV/Device Model Number

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Guy495
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I have tried everything all of you have suggested.  Please read the entire thread.  I will try and explain again:

If I use the automatic function in the Bose Music app it finds the TV, turns it off (using the app) and drops the volume (using the app).

The exact thing happens when I use the advance function and enter the model # of the TV.

However, the remote, although it lights up, will controll nothing for Direct TV veiwing.

This is a smart TV with many apps built in such as, Amazon, netflex, youtube, youtube TV and many many more.

The interesting things is that the remote works perfectly if you are using one of these app (services)  yet will not work when using satalite TV (Ditrect TV)

There are no 3rd party devices associated with the remote.

Guy Boyd