Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Bose 700 universal remote

Dear Community,

I have lately experienced the following behavior with the remote control for the soundbar 700.
When watching TV suddenly the remote becomes non responsive. Non responsive means that when I pick it up the TV light on the remote is blue as usual but none of the options are operational. For example the volume or channel buttons are not working. So far I have tried removing the batteries of the remote. When it comes on after removing the batteries sometimes the remote is operational. Other times not. When it comes on it stays operational for a day and the bact to the same problem. I had this problem for 2 days now.

Was there a recent update to the remote or the bar? Did anyone else experience such issues?

I will also try removing the electricity cable of the bar (restart) and see if it improves the situation.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 universal remote

Hello angeloha,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry that you are experiencing an intermittent response from your universal remote. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting prior to getting in contact with us, I am very sorry that these have not proven to resolve this issue. 

Do you also have your universal remote programmed to control any other devices other than the TV and Soundbar? 

I would also recommend reprogramming your remote control. Instruction on how to do this can be found here

We would love to get this resolved for you, please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

i'm having the same issue. The remote becomes frozen then the 6 icons at the top starts blinking. I have to keep unplugging the soundbar to get the remote to restart and begin working again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

My issue was a bit different. The TV sign stayed on blue and there was no response from the soundbar or the TV when I clicked other buttons. I did not have this problem again after I changed batteries. 

Highlighted

Hi P-Money and angeloha, 

Thank you both for posting and making us aware of your issues. 

@P-money have you attempted to remove the remote from the Bose Music App and attempt to use the remote again? This can be done via the universal remote settings inside the Bose Music App. 

Please update me on the result of this. Thank you @angeloha for coming back to the community and letting us know how you resolved your issue.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!