Highlighted
Jkoz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Bose 700 universal remote

I have a Bose 700 Soundbar, TCL Series 4 TV, and AT&T TV streaming box. Went through the set up through the Bose Music app. The universal remote will turn everything off, but when powering on, only the sound bar comes on. Alexa will turn the tv on, but not the AT&T box.  When Alexa (or the remote) powers off, the AT&T box goes off.  I tried moving the AT&T box pointing toward the side of the sound bar, due to a previous post regarding the IR signal coming from the side. No help.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose 700 universal remote

Hello Jkoz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty powering down your products simultaneously with the Soundbar 700 Universal Remote. 

I would recommend ensuring that you have HDMI-CEC enabled through the Bose Music app. If you already do, then I would suggest testing the alternate setting. Additionally, your TV and AT&T stream box may also have their independent CEC settings. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Jkoz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Charlotte, 

Thank you for your quick reply! 

How do I get to a settings area in the app? 
I was going to try different Universal Remote codes, but I cannot see how to change any settings, short of deleting the device and doing the set up. Some articles I have read mention a settings button on the remote. I do not have any such button on my remote. 

Thank you, 

John 

Hello Jkoz,

Apologies for not directing you. So in the Bose Music app, select the image of the Soundbar in the bottom right corner. Then select Settings > Scroll down to the Power section and select Advanced CEC. Now set this to Alternate. Additionally, please ensure that Power Sync is also enabled.

Let me know if you have any further trouble finding this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Jkoz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Hi Charlotte,  I did all you recommended. No help. I removed the AT&T device and reconnected it. The remote will change the channel. The power button on the remote and Alexa will still turn everything (sound bar, tv, att box) off. Alexa turns on the sound bar and tv, but still not the ATT box. By selecting the cable box icon on the remote, I can turn the att box on and off and change the channel. Will the Alexa commands not control the accessory box?  

Hello Jkoz, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am glad to hear that the remote is now controlling the AT&T box correctly. I would highly recommend reaching out to AT&T and talking this through with them. As this is not our product we cannot confirm the best way to set it up. There are some things that are not available with the Bose Alexa, but I do not believe this to be one of them. 

Once you hear back from them, let me know if there is anything we need to help you to do on your device to set up the box. 

I am sorry that I cannot help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W