Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Bose 700 with Apple TV 4K & Sony x930e

Hello-

I have a Sony x930e with a Bose 700 soundbar with the bass module and little satellite speakers.  I have the soundbar into the Sony with that optical cable.  I'm using Sony Vue streaming, for now, will probably switch to YTTV.   I have the latest Apple 4k TV.   I recently had DirectTV and dropped it after 20 years, the rear satellite speakers seemed to always be on with DTV.

Issues or imaginary issues:

At time I'm not sure the rear satellite speakers are working.

The Bass module at times has crackling.  Not that big of a deal.

?  Do I need to connect the Apple TV to the Sony on the ARC HDMI input, I think its #3 to make things work better?

?  Apple TV 4K are there audio setting I'm overlooking, I haven't really done anything on this part ?

Love the Bose 700 sound, really enjoying it with music and great with sports too.  I need to dive into calibrating the TV but that's for another day and different board.  Thanks, Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 with Apple TV 4K & Sony x930e

Hello JLplano,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these audio issues with your Soundbar 700 bundle. 

Regarding the crackling that you may be experiencing, would it be possible that you connect the Bass Module to the Soundbar using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for testing purposes? If the crackling is no longer present, then it is possible that you are experiencing some interference issues which we can look into once we have established this. If you do not have an interconnect cable, please do call up our customer service team in order to obtain one of these. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

The Soundbar 700 should be connected to the HDMI ARC port and the Apple TV does not need to be. Also, Apple TV 4K generally automatically selects the audio format, however, you may want to check that Dolby Digital 5.1 is selected. To do this, go to Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format and turn on Change Format. Then ensure that Dolby Digital 5.1 is selected. Please also bear in mind that not all sources will be compatible with true 5.1. Some sources will be able to play through all of the speakers, but not be split into the 5.1 channels. 

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying the sound of this system! I hope that these recommendations can further your enjoyment.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, connect your Bose to your TV using HDMI ARC.  It usually works best for me to connect all other devices directly to the TV using HDMI.  If for some reason you don't get good results with HDMI ARC to the Bose, you can use optical, but I prefer HDMI ARC for several reasons.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

OK thanks.

I have a HDMI from the Bose 700 into the ARC HDMI port in the Sony TV.  

I got a ladder and checked, the rear speaker are working.  The satellite speakers do work in a very subtle way.

Not sure what settings on the iPhone app to set under the "audio" tab, I think all are set at 50

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Whatever works best for you.  Also, run the calibration.  Then, put in an action movie in your DVD or on Netflix and you'll hear the benefits of the system.