Highlighted
Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Bose AV18 III - no surround sound

Hey

I have a Av18 III and a PS18 III.

Only the center speaker seems to work .. the 4 other speakers is working fine when I try to place them one by one in center speaker slot in PS18.

I can hear the PS18 so I presume it´s working fine.

Connections to Tv are AV/Composite

Any ideas what could be wrong ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Re: Bose AV18 III - no surround sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jannie

Hi Hector

Sorry for all the question marks .. they were ment to be a happy smiley 😀

I`ll accept as a solution and again Thanks for your help 👌🏻

/Jannie

14 REPLIES 14

Hello Jannie,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your speaker, I would be more than happy to help you out with this today. Could you please confirm which speakers are working and which are not? Have you checked all the connections for the speakers to make sure none are loose or damaged? How have you connected the system to the TV? What other devices do you have connected? Is this the first time you are trying to connect the system or has it previously worked before?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Hey Zoe

The center speaker works fine and the 4 other play fine when I try to put them in the  brown jack one by one - but when I connect them in the matching color there´s no sound apart from the center speaker.

The system are connected to Tv with a red/white/yellow av cable.

I just moved in to a new house where the system was installed years ago, so it is the first time I try to install it.

/Jannie

Hi there @Jannie and thanks for following up!

It seems like, as the speakers are working correctly when connected to the centre channel but not when connected to the other channels, that the speakers are operating correctly but something else in the setup is not.

If this is happening with all external source audio devices (e.g. trying a TV, cable-box, DVD player etc.) then I would advise that you try the built-in sources of the system, such as the AM/FM Radio or the disc player. If you find that these are only affecting your external sources, please let me know!

Likewise, if you find that this only affects one external source (e.g. you have this issue with the main TV but not with another screen, cable/sat box, etc) please let me know.

If this is affecting all your sources I would advise that you restore the speakers to the factory defaults. This can be done through the menu of the system. To do this, on the remote control, press the System button. (Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected). Scroll right to select Media Center, then press the Enter button. Following this, scroll down to select Restore Settings, then press the Enter button again. Scroll up to select Yes, then press the Enter button: The display will show "Have you been instructed to do this?", at which point please scroll left to select Yes, then press the Enter button. Press the Exit button to exit the menu, then try setting the system up again.

Please return to me when you can to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Hi Zoe

I really appriciate your help 👌🏻

Center speaker works on Fm and DVD player - not on TV (the rest of the speaker do not work

My TV are configured to surround sound.

I´ ve tried to restore through the menu ... same result - I´ve also tried to pull out all cabels on both units - wait 10 min and then reconnect - same result 😔 

Is there anyway I can factory reset the hole system ... ?

I forgot to tell that the Led on the backside of PS18 is blinking green - should it be solid or ?

/ Jannie

Hi @Jannie ,

No problem, thanks for following up!

If the LED on your PS18 is blinking green this could mean a number of things, and would be also dependant on the state of the Orange LED.

If the green LED is blinking once every 5 seconds and the orange LED is off, this detects the media console as off.

If this green LED is blinking once a second and the orange LED is off, the bass is powered on and a S/PDIF cable is detected.

Lastly, if this green LED is blinking randomly while the orange LED is off, this may be flashing randomly as this receives information but indicates that a connection may be damaged.

If your case is none of the above, please let me know!

Please elaborate on these LED's when you can!

Liam W

Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Hi Zoe

The green LED is blinking once a seconds .. the orange LED is off.

/Jannie

Hello Jannie, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Can you kindly unplug the audio input cable (The main cable that goes between the bass module and the center console) to make sure all pins are intact?

You should see 9 pins on each end of the cable.

(When you re-connect to the console, ensure you connect to the MAIN input, not the BOSELINK input.)

If you find that any of the pins appear corroded, bent, damaged or even missing, please reach out to support to seek a replacement cable. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Jannie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Hey Jeff

All of the nine pins in both ends are intact, not corroded or bend.

I´ve attached some photos - I´ve tried every possible setup - but perhaps I´ve

overlook something ?

/Jannie

E345B330-C7F2-4B0C-9466-AD6552EB411D.jpeg571DBEBA-C09B-43EA-B632-07574675B4CE.jpeg8EDA946A-1C0A-4C25-B241-DE2F4BE4CD9F.jpeg

Hi again @Jannie and thanks for following up!

This looks like you have this setup correctly 😊, and it doesn't look like you're overlooked anything to me. 

If you're confident that the cables are fine throughout, then I would advise an extension of what @Jeff_G suggested above regarding reaching out to our support site. 

I suggest that you look at the service options available for your system in your region when you can. The link can be used here for your reference!

Please let me know if you have any questions or updates.

Liam W