kpoels
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Bose AV20 going black on TV screen after 2 mins

Hello,

Till recently I was very happy with my Bose Lifestyle T20 (except I would have prefered the remote had a display), but since a couple of weeks it would turn a black TV screen after 2-3 mins.  So far the only 'fix' I found out is to do a 'factory reset': turn console off, remove power cord, hold 'source' and 'volume-' while reconnecting power cord, ... but obviously not very elegant.

Strangely enough the issue would not reappear untill the next day (after switching off/on), so plan B may be to never switch it off, but looks like the console does not allow to be allways-on?

Would be interested to hear from the experts on the forum if this is a known issue, and if/how they fixed this

9 REPLIES 9
Vicky_W

Re: Bose AV20 going black on TV screen after 2 mins

Hello Kpoels, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, and I would love to help you to get this resolved. As a reset helps, let's factory reset the system. 

With the exception of the ADAPTiQ audio calibration settings, this reset erases all settings and returns your system to its default out-of-box state. To perform this reset, first power off your system, then on the back of the system console, disconnect the power cord. On the front of the system console, simultaneously press and hold the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord. Continue holding the buttons until the Bose logo appears twice on the TV screen. From here, you will need to pair the remote control with your system once again.

To pair this, the system needs to be on, and you would need to simultaneously press and hold the OK button on the remote control and the Mute button on the system console for five seconds until the console light blinks. You can see a video here for how to do this if you're unsure!

If you have an empty USB Drive, once you've set this up, please update the console by pressing Setup on the console, then scrolling to Update using the remote control. Select Yes to begin the updates. If you don't have an empty USB drive, please skip this step.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kpoels
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi Vicky_W, sounds like one of us is ... confused?  As you can read in my posting, I already am doing the factory reset as you describe, only to find out that the next day, the console would go black on the TV-screen once again, and I need to run another factory reset, and so on ...

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming that this is the reset you have been performing. 

Were you able to complete the update as described in Vicky_W's message? 

I look forward to your response! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
kpoels
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi Jessie_O, as described in my original posting and my response to Vicky_W, I was aware of the 'factory reset' procedure and was already doing it multiple times, only to find out that the next day, the console would go black on the TV-screen once again (the console kept on giving sound, but no image), and I would need to run another factory reset to fix, and so on ...

Not a very elegant plan having to run this factory reset each and every day, and I guess this is not as-designed?  Hope somebody can give a me clue/hint?

Jessie_O

I understand the frustration this may cause and no this is not as-designed. 

I feel that you may benefit from an update. You will need a USB drive. Please update the console by pressing Setup on the console, then scrolling to Update using the remote control. Select Yes to begin the updates. All the instructions should be onscreen for you. 

I look forward to hearing how you got on! 

kpoels
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi Jessie_O, already ran an update, still the same issue unfortunately.

Jessie_O

Thank you for giving this a go. 

Have you tried a different cable? I would recommend giving this a go to eliminate this being the issue. 

Let us know how you get on! 

kpoels
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

I take it you mean a different HDMI cable from console to TV?

Hector_B

Sorry that we weren't clearer with this kpoels. 

Yes, can you please try a different HDMI cable from the AV20 to the TV! 

We look forward to hearing back from you.