Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Bose Acoustimass 10 bringing Denon amplifier in protection mode

Hi all,

I have a Bose Acoustimass 10 with a Denon AVR-X3000 AV receiver that have been working perfectly together for 5 years.

What is happening later is that after a maximum of 15 minutes of reproducing whatever, the Denon enters in protection mode with the blinking red light.

It can be switched on again and it would last another while, but eventually it’ll do it again.

I tried every loudspeaker independently to work with the Denon receiver, and the thing happens anyway, so I concluded the Denon was the one to blame and took it to repair.

The guys of the tech service tested it and did not find anything wrong. They even connected it for me to a pair of loudspeakers there and it worked without problems. So it seems that the issue is in the Bose system.

They told me that the test I did is not discarding an issue in the subwoofer since all the loudspeakers connect there and from there it connects to the Denon. So my test is not following independent paths. They recommended me to test the cables and speakers for shortcuts, but they were not able to tell me how since they are not familiar with the Bose system and the subwoofer is active.

Do you guys know how I can test that or do you have any other advice for me?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Acoustimass 10 bringing Denon amplifier in protection mode

Maybe the Denon is getting too hot.