Bose Cinemate 1 SR Speaker Array

Silent Starter

Bose Cinemate 1 SR Speaker Array

I have a Bose Cinemate 1 SR Model 328040 hard wired to a Sonos Connect. The Cinemate is connected to tv with an optical cable. Despite lengthy conversations with techs from Sonos, Bose, and Comcast who assure me that their equipment is fully functioning, there is signal drop and general connectivity issues. The Sonos and Bose systems do not seem to talk to each other. Any ideas? Does Bose sell a device to replace the Sonos Connect?  Can I connect to the Bose Sound Touch app with my existing sound bar, not wireless?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose Cinemate 1 SR Speaker Array

UNfortunately I don't think you can.

This system was designed for everything to run through the TV and sound goes to the bar.  There are aux inputs extra to this, but they are for ensuring quality of sound rather than extra inputs that have not gone through the TV.  Ie if you have a BD player, it's likely plugged into the TV for Video and Sound.  Some TVs wouldn't pass through that sound properly, so it would also be connected to the Aux optical and the bar would automatically choose the best audio to play (same for the aux coaxial).  The TV inputs on the bar work in a similar way.  If you plug in devices into all three ports, it will only play the optical.  You cannot switch between any of these inputs, so you would have to unplug the TV and plug in the sonos/soundtouch, every time you wanted to use it (not really feasible in my opinion)

They do have the Soundtouch adaptor that is similar to the connect, but unfortunately this bar came out a long time before that, so it was not planned to have compatibility.

Re: Bose Cinemate 1 SR Speaker Array

Hello Wally,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting the two devices to communicate however I would like to be of help.

Thank you for contributing @Morlock and that is very well said.

I would recommend what @Morlock said Wally, please have a read through and let me know if you have any other questions.

Kindest regards,

Prince O