Bose Cinemate 15 Series 2 No LED/ Volume issue

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Cinemate 15 Series 2 No LED/ Volume issue

Hi, I’ve had my Cinemate 15 for about 4 years now and all of a sudden today I noticed my receiver LED did not turn on. I’ve tried doing the reset others have suggested to see if it would show an LED afterwards, but still mothing. Now to be clear I still do get audio from my unit though when I change the volume now, instead of gradually changing up and down as it would in the past, the sounds cuts out and goes up or down ONLY if I hold the volume button. If I press it the volume button, the sound cuts out and after a little over a second it comes back at the same volume, the same occurs if I continue to press the volume button repeatedly, the sound cuts out until I stop pressing the volume button then comes back at the same or almost no varied volume change. 

I know this isn’t a big issue compared to what others have but still is an annoyance. Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Cinemate 15 Series 2 No LED/ Volume issue

Hello Jeomaro, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Cinemate 15, I would be more than happy to help you with this today. Firstly, can I just confirm that the process of resetting you is the same as detailed below?

Perform a product reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the product off
  2. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  3. Reconnect the power cord
  4. Retest the system

Secondly, it would also be good to test new batteries in the remote to see if the same issue occurs.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support