Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Bose Cinemate 15 Speaker and woofer Popping sound when power suply given

When I turn on my cinemate 15 (even whenit is in off position means have turn the system on with remote) makes sound whenever power supply given to it My speakers make a semi loud deep pop sound. Is this normal? Can this damage my speakers?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Cinemate 15 Speaker and woofer Popping sound when power suply given

Hi @Simab,

The popping noise shouldn't be regularly occurring - have you checked all cables are securely connected and nothing is loose? When you stop using the system, do you completely unplug the unit or leave it plugged in and the plug switched off?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Thanks for responding sir, 

1 - I checked all the cables are fitted properly and there is no loose connection.

2- whenever i stopped system i never disconnect the power cable or unplug the power cord.

3- I leave the the system in plugged in and  "power switch" off.

Please Guide...

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Please reply sir

Highlighted

Hey Simab,

Thanks for the update!

When this happens do you get the popping sound from both the speaker and the bass module, or does just one pop? 

If you were to unplug the Cinemate from your TV and then turn it on would you still get the same sound?

I would definitely recommend connecting the system to an alternative power outlet and if possible with another power cable. I know it uses a standard figure of 8 cable that a few other devices use. Some TVs, games consoles, and many of our other speakers also use this power cable so you may have one in your home to test with.

Let me know how this goes!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I have the same issue with the loud popping sound.  It sounds like it is only coming from the soundbar and not the subwoofer.  There are no loose connections and I've tried disconnecting all the cables.  The sound is only 1 loud pop sound.  What could be the issue?

Highlighted

Hi Dohboys, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Have you tried a reset? You can do this by unplugging this for 30 seconds then plugging it back in. 

Let me know how you get on!