Arran_Rak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Bose Cinemate 1Sr does not respond to remote

My bose remote will not turn the system off or on or change the volume.

The batteries have been changed - i have even brought a new one from ebay and still didnt fix the issue - brand new batteries sitll nothing.

Further more when re setting the system (unplugging the acoustic module and speaker array from the power for a few minutes) the system works as meant to be. The remote changed volume and turns it on or off.

However after approx 3 mins the system stops responding to the remote - volume cannot be changed or turned of or on and the volume stays at the level it was set when the remote was working for those 3 minutes!

What on earth is happening.

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Cinemate 1Sr does not respond to remote

Hi Arran_Rak, 

Thank you for the post here. The 1SR is a great system and we'd like to see it back up and running again. I know you mentioned that the remote seems to work during the first 3 minutes of turning the system on. Curiously, does the remote work at all if you get really close to they system? Can you try to unplug the system from power for a solid minute and re-test to see if that fixes it? Also, the soundbar itself isn't in direct sunlight, correct? Sometimes a solar glare can cause some interference. If nothing is able to resolve this, there may be an issue with the system itself and we'd want you to reach out to your local service group. To do so, go to the site HERE, select your country, click "Support" in the upper right then scroll down and click on "Contact Us" to get their phone number. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Taylorner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Were you able to resolve this issue? The same thing is happening to mine.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Taylorner,

I responded to your other post HERE.

Thank you,

-Michael

Highlighted
jsobejana
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Same issue here! I have only had mine for less than 3 years!

Highlighted

Hello jsobejana, 

Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote, and resetting your system? To reset your system, please unplug the system from power for a full two minutes, then plug the system back in.

Is your system in direct sunlight or do you have any high-powered fluorescent lighting near it? This can affect the IR signals sent from the remote to the system.

If this does not solve your problem, the best course of action is to reach out to your local support center. You can find the appropriate by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence, and then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on "Contact Us". 

Kind regards, 

Irina

Ressentez et agissez plus intensément
Vous êtes nouveau sur la communauté Bose ? Jetez un œil à notre Code de Conduite afin de trouver des conseils utiles pour vous aider à démarrer !
Highlighted
Andyclarkswfc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

I have the same issue. What do I need to do to get it back working?
Highlighted
Taylorner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

I wish I knew. I just have to unplug it and plug back in before each use. It would be great if the moderator could give some real advice on how to fix this. It is not a problem with the remote or interference with the IR signal. And a reset by leaving unplugged does not work either.
Highlighted
duncster
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

I have the same issue. I have had my CineMate® 1 SR system for 5 years, no issues.  Now all of a sudden the sound bar under the TV does not respond to the Bose Remote.  Its not the batteries, the remote still functions fine for the cable box and TV.  If I unplug the sound bar and plug it back in, the remote will work for a very short time (less than 30 seconds), then it freezes and whatever volume it was set on is where it is fixed. The only way to control the sound is to make an adjustment very quickly after you unplug and plug back in the power.

Please help!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello duncster,

Thank you for the posting. I am sorry to hear this is happening. Have you also attempted to unplug the system from power for a full two minutes, then plug the system back in? Lastly, do you have any high-powered fluorescent lighting near the system, or is the system in direct sunlight? This has been known to cause issues where IR signals are not properly passed through to the system.

If the above does not resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support